Chapter 7

Chapter 7-Edited 

Alex woke to the blaring sound of his phone in the morning. He fumbled around until he managed to pick up the phone.

"Yeah." His rough, sleep deprived voice grunted into the other end.

"Alex Mum has set up a family lunch today." Alex fell back into bed wishing that he never answered his phone.

"What time is it starting?" Alex opened his eyes when he heard Aiden slowly pushing his door open.

"Mum wants us all there around 11:30ish." Alex looked at his clock and groaned when he saw he only had an hour to get ready and be at Mum's.

"Fine. I will be there as soon as possible." Alex hung up on his brother as Aiden climbed into bed.

Aiden crawled onto Alex's chest and both men closed their eyes again.

"Daddy I tired." Alex rubbed his eyes knowing that jet lag was hitting them both hard.

"I know baby boy, but we get to see Grandma and Grandpa today." Aiden lifted his tired head off his father's chest smiling at his father before his eyes started to droop. Alex groaned as he gently lifted Aiden off his chest and onto the bed.

Alex got ready and made sure he grabbed everything he needed for Aiden before waking up his sleeping boy.

"Aiden it's time to get dressed." Alex said as he gently shook Aiden awake. Alex dressed Aiden in a shirt and jeans while the child was still half asleep. Once Aiden was ready he picked up the sleeping child, his bag and his coffee before making his way over to his mothers.

By the time Alex got to his mother's he knew he was running late. He had to park in the street because his sibling's cars were blocking up the driveway. He glanced over to the backseat to see Aiden still fast asleep.

Alex got out his car and grabbed Aiden as he made his way to his parents' house. When Alex walked inside he was attacked by his nieces and nephews trying to get his attention.

"Alex you made it." Alex shifted Aiden to his other side so he could shake his sister's husband's hand.

"Yeah running late as always." Robert laughed as his mother-in-law floated into the room.

"Alex Fabian Costa I have a bone to pick with you. Taking my precious grandson out of this country so suddenly." Robert took a step back and let his mother-in-law fluster forward. He felt sorry for Alex who looked like he was about to fall asleep standing.

"I didn't have a choice Ma, there was no way I was leaving Aiden by himself for a week." Alex tried to keep his voice down hoping Aiden would stay asleep.

"I don't care. Look at him he is too young to travel. You should know better." Alex sighed as Aiden shifted in his arms.

"Ma can you at least let me put him down, before you give me yet another parenting lecture." Sophia look at her son before throwing her hands up in the air waving them around dramatically.

"Stubborn man." She muttered in Spanish under breath all the well knowing that Alex would hear her as she stormed off to get lunch ready.

"I am surprised she even let you go." Robert said as Alex put Aiden onto the couch.

"Trust me Robert, I haven't heard the last of this conversation. Not by a long shot." Both men laughed as they walked into the backyard where Alex father was cooking the meat with Damien.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Damien walked over and gave his brother a manly hug before tending back to the barbeque.

"Hey Dad." Fabian looked up and smiled at his youngest son making sure not to burn the meat.