If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Just before I closed the door I heard Max chuckle and say something so low that I couldn't interpret it even if I tried. I shook my head and made my way to my front door, took my keys out of my pocket and opened it.

I heard the TV on in the living room which meant Dad was still up. I went in, throwing my coat onto the sofa and plopping down next to him. He jumped and I laughed.

"Chloe, honey! You're back early, did Sir.Sinclaire drop you back?" My Dad asked.

"Um no... well, his brother Max offered first..." I said, trying to hide my smile, and not succeeding.

"His brother? Ohhhh you mean Maximilian Sinclaire... the one who owns that French banking company. Wow." I could tell my Dad was impressed.

"Erm yeah that one," I had no idea Max owned a bank but it didn't surprise me.

"So what's he like then this Max?" My Dad wouldn't just let it drop.

"Oh he's really nice, Dad. Much nicer than his ass of a brother," I said.

"Now, now. Sir Jacques Sinclaire is a well known and respected asset to this country and its markets, Chloe, you can't just go around assuming what people are like-" My Dad droned on.

"Yes Dad! I know whatever. UGH!" I got up from the sofa and ran upstairs to my room, slamming the door. As I got changed into my pajamas, I reflected on my current situation.

Why was everyone always on Jack's side? Was Max the only normal person in the world who also knew what Jack was really like? It sure seemed like it.

Although there were moments with Max that made me feel uneasy. Like he said one thing but meant another. But I liked him more than his brother that was for sure.

I don't know why I took such a shine to Max when I'd really only known him for a few hours. However, I suspected it had a lot to do with Jack... and possibly Ryan. Could it be that Max was my rebound guy? I scoffed and shook my head quickly, surely a multi-billionaire's brother would not be interested in little ole me. I thought back to the love bite Jack had given me and touched my neck involuntarily.

Could they BOTH be interested in me???!!!

Jhees, I had to stop thinking about Jack and his brother 24/7, my brain was beginning to ache from all the questions. That's it. No more thinking about asshole Jack or his nicer brother Max.

I tried to get to sleep but I just couldn't. I felt so restless. I decided to get out a magazine so I fished one off my bedside table and groaned when I saw the front page.

Jack's denim blue eyes stared back at me through the pair of clear ray bans I had seen him wearing before. Even though he was posing and doing a funny face... his eyes looked sad and empty. Just like he had looked earlier tonight when he looked up at me and looked so vulnerable.

Those few times when I had caught him looking so sad and distressed felt like I was seeing the real Jack... exposed and defenseless. What had happened to him in the past to make him like this? I couldn't even imagine.

Just thinking about him frustrated me so I threw the magazine away from me and heard it thud as it hit the floor. I grabbed another one and almost screamed out of frustration.

There was Max standing there and staring back at me with smoldering ice-blue eyes... Unlike Jack, I couldn't read anything from his expression or eyes. Either he wasn't thinking anything special... or he was hiding something very deep within.

It was strange how Jack and Max looked so alike but were so different in personality...

Wow I was getting weird in my tired-half asleep state. I threw the magazine onto the floor with the other one and soon fell into a restless sleep, full of dreams that I would not remember in the morning.

Sorryyyy it's shortttt again lol but you know me by now XD

Alsooo, it would help your imaginationif you looked at the pictures on the side... there are the front page pictures of Jack and Max :P

And sorry if this chapter was boring but I was suffering from an extreme case of writers-block... if all goes well I will upload again in a few hours... but that's only if you guys VOTE, COMMENT and FAN ! ;D Love you guysss <3