25 // Derek

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys, when it says "1 YEAR LATER," it means that it's been one year since Jake and Katie were in the closet. It does NOT mean that it's been a year since the last chapter. Only one year has passed between Jake and Katie in the closet. Not two. Sorry for the confusion and I hope this little note of mine clears everything up. If not, PM me and we'll talk about it (:

____________________________________

You have to believe

there are kisses

and laughs

and risks worth taking.

—David Levithan

____________________________________

KATIE

FEBRUARY // 1 YEAR LATER

"Uh, I wish this jacket would just go on sale already!" I sighed, snuggling deeper into the couch. Finn was sitting in the middle of the couch, on top of my feet.

"Are you on JCrew?" Ava asked me as she emerged from the kitchen with an omelette. "Cause they're having a major sale."

"Oooo give me a bite." I said opening my mouth as Ava made her way over to me.

She cut into her omelette and fed me a piece. "Finnegan, you want a bite?" she asked him. He shook his head, not looking away from the television.

"Uhhh so good." I said through a mouthful of egg.

"I know. I'm a great cook." Ava said as she walked over to the other couch.

"Yes you are. I was just on JCrew. Everything is 50% off. I'm on the Victoria's Secret website now."

"Also having a major sale." Ava said without even thinking about it. If there was anything that Ava knew like the back of her hand, it would be shopping, throwing parties, and the back of her hand."Well it's almost Valentine's Day, so I gotta stock up." I said.

"For you or for Derek?" Ava asked me, grabbing one the the blankets off the back of the couch.

"What am I gonna get Derek from Victoria's Secret?" I turned to look at her. "A red lacy bra and some matching panties?" I raised my eyebrows. Finn laughed.

"He might be into that, you never know." She shrugged.

"No, no, you're thinking of Victor's Secret. Three stores down." A smirk crept onto my face. "Besides, I already got him some stuff from Polo and JCrew. I think that earns me a few favors." I laughed, giving her a knowing look. "What about Calum? What are you gonna get him?" I asked, mussing up Finn's hair.

"I've a got a few ideas in mind." She took a bite of her omelette.

"Oh yeah, like Victor's Secret?"

"Mhm. Besides, how do I know that you're not gonna tell Calum?" Ava took a sip of her orange juice.

"I would never." I said sarcastically, because last month, I accidentally told him about the surprise party Ava and I planned for him. It kinda slipped out. "And that was one time!"

"I'll figure something out." Ava shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm sure you will. Derek said he got me something. I'm kinda shocked he remembered," I said to Ava. My phone buzzed, a familiar tone cutting through the air, interrupting the commercials on TV, which were interrupting Finn's Saturday morning cartoons. "Speaking of the devil." I couldn't help but smile.