six

six

~ Vanessa ~

"Nessa?" Nathan calls as I immediately get out the car, slamming the door in the process and heading to the front door which I unlock and open. "Nessa please stop ignoring me" Nathan groans and I bite back my anger.

I walk through to the kitchen slamming the keys down on the table. "Nessa please can you just stop for a minute!" He yells gripping my arm and spinning me round. "Why? Just leave me alone!" I burst and he is taken back but doesn't let go. "Why are you so upset with me?" He questions and I scoff a laugh yanking my arm away and folding my arms.

"You were late Nathan. Late for an appointment to see our baby, which you insisted you wanted to come to. It was so humiliating having to wait all that time. You was with her weren't you? With Ariana. It's all her fault you missed the appointment because you had a better offer" I rant.

"Stop!" Nathan shouts and I turn silent again. "You wanna know why I was late? Well let me show you" He grabs my wrist pulling me back outside behind him. He opens up the garage to reveal a beautiful minty green Fiat 500 with a huge red bow attached.

I gasp taking it all in. He was late because he was planning this surprise for me. I doubted him and assumed he was hooking up with Ariana. But no, I got it all wrong. Once again. Great job Vanessa.

"I wanted to buy you a present to say sorry for everything, and that I'm completely there for you and our baby. I wanted to make you happy, but no, nothing will make you happy will it Nessa? Because all you think about is yourself" He slams the keys into my chest and I quickly catch them with my hands before seeing him storm inside.

I sigh rubbing my forehead and staring at the car. "Love? What's up? New car?" Mum's voice asks and I then to see her walking up the drive. "Something like that. Mum, I've made a terrible mistake" I sigh and she sympathetically smiles placing a hand on my arm. "Let's go inside, sit down, make a brew and explain everything."

****

"Wait, so you thought he was late to the appointment, because he was copping off with Ariana?" Mum asks again with a light chuckle. I sigh nodding, "And now I feel terrible because he was trying to surprise me with my dream car to make up for everything, and I got so angry and accused him and now he hates me!"

"Wow that's pretty awkward, but even if it was the case, they're together. They're aloud to spend some 'alone' time together" She explains. "Yes I know that mum, I don't care how much alone time they spend together. I was just a little upset he was late. And it's not exactly easy for me to trust him after.. You know, everything. I'm just trying to move on, for this baby. And for Luke and I" I reply.

"I understand" Mum nods and I sigh fiddling with my hands. "I guess I should go and apologize" I stand up. "Good luck" Mum smiles sympathetically and I return it as I make my way upstairs. I reach Nathan's door, I go to knock but I stop when I hear his beautiful voice.

You should've known I love you

Though I'll never say it too much

Maybe you didn't get me

Maybe I'll never know what I done

Now I'm lost in the distance

You look at me like a stranger

Cause how it looks right to me

That you were scared of the danger

I could've shown you America

All the bright lights in the universe

We could have reached, the highest heights

A different place, a different life

Remember that night underneath the stars

For a minute I thought the world was ours

All you had to do was show me love

I shaky breath escapes my lips as my eyes fill with tears. I slowly open the door seeing Nathan sitting on the end of his bed with his back to me. He doesn't turn around. He doesn't move. I walk over, swiftly taking a seat beside him.

There is a moment of silence until I speak. "I'm sorry."

"I made a big mistake. I doubted you, I'm ashamed of myself. I was just upset you were late but now it all makes sense. I understand if you hate me, in fact I know you hate me. But I never meant for this to happen. Please don't hate me" A tear slips down my cheek. "I don't hate you" Nathan finally speaks. A sigh of relief leaves my lips as more tears spill. "I could never hate you" Nathan adds.

I reach over, taking his big hand and squeezing it tightly. He looks down at our hands then back up at me. My eyes widen and I gasp placing my free hand on my stomach. "What? What is it? Is it the baby?" Nathan panics but I sigh in relief as I realise what it really is.

"Nathan.." I breathe lifting his hand and placing it on my stomach. "He's kicking" I say and his eyes widen as he feels the light kicking. "I can't believe it" Nathan chuckles with excitement as he smiles from ear to ear. We both look up and our eyes meet. His breathing is heavy with happiness as his hot breath fans my face. I frown when I see him leaning in but just in the nick of time, Luke's voice calls. "I'm back!"

I clear my throat standing up and moving away from Nathan just as Luke appears in the doorway. "Hey gorgeous, how's the little one?" He walks over wrapping his arms around my waist. "He or she is fine, as is mummy" I answer sternly and he laughs. "I was going to ask about mummy too" He leans down and presses his lips against mine. Nathan clears his throat causing us to pull away then I realise we're standing in his bedroom.

"Anyway" I stand back pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm glad we've sorted things out" I stare over at Nathan and he nods shuffling awkwardly. "I'm sure Ariana will be home soon, we'll leave you to it" I smile taking Luke's hand and pulling him out of the room.

"What was that all about?" Luke whispers as we stand in the hallway. "Oh he was late to the scan and I.. Stupidly accused him of being late because he was with Ariana. He surprised me later with my dream car to say sorry for everything and he stormed off because that's the reason he was late. He was doing something nice for me! But I've apologised now and everything's okay" I explain.

I hope.