CHAPTER 8 - Biggest Rival

Dara’s POV

‘Well, isn’t this awkward?’ I thought as I glanced at Riko and Jiro who were walking alongside me. Riko insisted to walk with us since she wanted to familiarize herself with the neighborhood.

“Jiro told me you’re a former Bridge Rose student.” Riko asked.

“Huh? Uh. Yeah. I was.” I sincerely wish that the girl would stop asking questions, to be honest. I really don’t have any beef with her even though SHE KISSED JIRO!! *STAB STAB STABBB!!

And did she just say ‘Jiro told her’? Whoah! What other things did he tell her? Ugh! Calm down, self.

“How’s InterSAT? It’s really different from Bridge Rose University but I hope you’re doing fine. I’m new here so I understand how it must’ve felt when you were a new transferee”, she added. I nodded silently and gave her a timid smile. *Sigh* I must admit, she seems to be a nice girl.

“So, how long have you known Jiro?” She asked and smiled at me. “I didn’t know he-…” Riko gasped when Jiro suddenly encircled his arm around her and pulled her towards him as a car zoomed past us.

“Bastard”, Jiro muttered while glaring at the speeding car. “Walk on that side, Riko. It’s dangerous to be on the road side”, he instructed and ushered Riko away from the road while he took that spot.

He pulled her close to him, huh? AND HE CALLED HER NAME! Ugh! I’m okay, I’m okay. I’M OKAY! I mean, it’s inevitable that he’ll do that; otherwise Riko might be hit by the car. And of course, he should call her by her name. If not, what should he call her? By her surname? Like me?

Damn it.Why is it hard to look at them? Why am I finding it hard to breathe? This is stupid. I wish Namee was here so she can distract me with her unstoppable mouth. Why did Riko kiss him a while ago? Does she like Jiro? Does Jiro-…

“Ramirez”, Jiro’s voice pulled me back to reality. “We’re already here. Go inside”, he said. I looked behind me and realized that we already arrived in my house.

“I’ll just drop her off”, he added. What? He’ll walk her to her house? “Bye Dara! It was nice to meet you!” Riko waved. I limply raised my arm and waved back.

As I watched their retreating back, there was a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is becoming ridiculous. I know I don’t have the right to feel this way but…I hate seeing Jiro with another girl.

***

Dara stepped outside her house and looked at the night sky while hugging herself. He didn’t come. He must be with Riko. She sighed heavily and decided to have a walk.

Her feet took her to the neighborhood playground. She sat on the swing and lazily rocked herself while pondering over things. Admittedly, she’s becoming greedy of Jiro’s attention. Ever since she realized she’s developing a crush on him, everything he does becomes magnified in her eyes. And now that a new girl is in the picture, she can’t help but feel restless. It’s that stupid Namee’s fault! She’s inserting useless things inside her brain!