Chapter Fifty Four

--------------------------------------------

Dedication: R0chTheuns for the amazing banner on the side. Thank you so much for it, I absolutley love it! <3

----------------------------------------------

Oh God.

What do I do!?

My heart beat was roaring in my head to the extent I could hardly hear anything. My stomach was churning like a washing machine. I thought I was going to be sick for sure. His eyes were wide with fury and my mum's face as pale as a ghost. I tried to speak, but my voice failed me. I licked my lips, my chest rising and falling at a rapid pace. I cleared my throat and tried again.

"Okay..." I said, my voice coming out strained and high pitched. "Let's just calm down."

"Didn't mean to ruin your perfect little night." he spat out. "Although I am curious as to why your own mother wasn't invited."

"It wasn't exactly a planned dinner." I explained, my eyes trained upon the knife which was currently pressed at the base of my mum's throat. I gulped as he tightened his hold around her. Her eyes were wide with fear. "And besides, because she was dating you, mum and dad aren't exactly besties right now."

He gave me a dirty smirk, which, if I wasn't so scared, I would want to wipe the floor with it. I practically growled at him. How dare he show up to my house, holding my own mother hostage! Anger flared up inside me and I rolled my tongue across my teeth, showing that I was seriously irritated.

"Oh. It's my fault. That makes me happy." he grinned like a little child that just got presented with an ice cream or some new toy. I gritted my teeth in agitation. My eyes narrowed at him and I made a gesture with my hand to continue on with whatever he wanted. He just gave me a toothy smile and silence lapsed. I exhaled.

"No wonder Daniel is the way he is." I said, shaking my head, giving him a sympathetic look. "How sad."

"Don't you dare speak to me like that!" he thundered causing me to jump in alarm. "Have you not realised I'm holding your mother with a knife?"

"I do see that." I nodded, sounding a lot calmer than I felt. I folded my arms across my chest and stared at him levelly. "So, you were just lurking around in the bushes until I came out?"

"Lurking is a good word to use." he chuckled.

I squinted at him. He was screaming at me a second ago and now he's laughing? His mood changes were faster than my blinks. Bipolar maybe... "The reason would be because my son is now expelled because of you!"

"Because of me?" I echoed in disbelief. "I think you need to reconsider who you're blaming here!"

"I think it's pretty clear."

"Well maybe he shouldn't have tried to rape two girls!" I screeched, anger pouring out of me.

My words were filled with as much venom as I could muster. This was like dealing with Mark all over again! Mark was obsessive, watched me like a hawk and tried to make my life miserable, but he never tried to rape me or rip out my mum's jugular.

He flinched at me using the word 'rape'. His lips parted slightly. He stood there, gaping at me for a few moments. Okay, so Danny boy and his dad haven't exactly had a heart to heart, I'd say. I smirked upon knowing the full story when he didn't.

"What? You didn't know that?" I asked, cocking my head to the side, pretending to think about something. "Huh."

"You're lying." he bit out, anger flashing through his eyes. I kept the smirk on my face and shifted my weight, planting a hand on my hip.