chapter 1

Could you please read and give me feedback! It would be highly appreciateddd...thnxxx

also this is the link to my facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Jo-Smith/100001840369158" if you want to check it out

P.S this is an edited version and it has been edited by the very talented Kate-Dimka check out her work too :D

she will also be my editor for the duration of the story well hopefully lol (no pressure)

Also, check out my new story 'The Escape Route' after you have finished reading this ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain's POV

I shivered slightly at the sharp intake of breath. Ignoring it, I continued pretending to read my book, moving my eyes down the page and onto the next, eventually turning it. I tried so hard to focus on the book, but it was so difficult knowing he was so close.

"So, did I beat it?" He asked Joe, my brother. He was out of breath, which made me smile from behind the physical barrier my book provided.

"Yeah, mate. Two minutes, eighteen seconds. Pretty damn good, but I still ain’t giving you shit!" Joe replied, his tone one of disbelief.

Matt laughed, a deep, sexy and seductive sound, causing goose bumps to appear all over my body. "You owe me good, isn't that right Rain?"

"What was that?" I asked softly, feigning ignorance.

"Matt, she's a loser who's always got her nose in a book, she’s useless." As I pretended to ignore my brother, I could feel another pair of eyes gazing my way. I folded a random page of my book, not looking up, and closed it. I didn’t want to see the smirk I knew was there, or better yet, pity.

"I heard you’re failing History, Maths and English. What a shame. It would be really, really sad if Dad was to find out." I said mockingly whilst standing up as straight as possible, hopefully showing that I wouldn’t back down.

"Like I care, go ahead and tell him. Oh, and while you're at it, tell him I got a tattoo on my ass that says 'F urself'." Joe laughed darkly, causing my fury upon him to increase. He could be such an ass, especially in front of Matt and I hated that.

"You got a tattoo?” I smirked sardonically, “Joe, the last time the doctor gave you a flu shot, you cried like the little bitch you are.” I could see Joe’s temper flare, which wasn’t in my best interest. So what did I do, I added fuel to the fire. "And how long ago was that?" I asked, smirking wider.

"Shut up," he whispered harshly but I unrepentant, pretending not to hear him. I was getting good at it.

"Wait, what was that? A few months ago, you say?” I could hear Matt snickering, so sent a little wink in his direction. This only caused him to laugh louder, and while it turned me on, I could tell it only infuriated Joe more so. "Yeah, so next time you call me useless, remember this moment." I spoke unkindly to my brother, whose flushed face was deepening in colour.

"And to think I was going to give you my iPhone 4 for Christmas." He yelled as I walked away. Oh hell no, he did not just threaten me with the iPhone 4. Damn! Crap! Ah shit!

I continued walking to the lounge room, making sure to slam the door behind me for dramatic effect before I relaxed on the couch. Why did I have to be a bitch for? Oh wait! He called me useless.

I could hear my brother going off at Matt, probably telling him that I was an ugly liar and so he shouldn’t believe me but him instead, blah blah blah. I zoned out completely, until I heard absolutely nothing. It was quite eerie actually.

All of a sudden, my stupid, old Nokia phone rang out, breaking the silence. As soon as I saw the caller ID, I answered. It was my best friend Lia. "Hello?" I questioned warily, very suspicious as to why she was calling.

"Rain, where’s the trust?” she asked smoothly, knowing exactly why I answer the phone the way I do when she calls. “Actually don't answer that. Are you dressed decently?"

"Well, I'm wearing cute little booty shorts and a singlet why?" I replied.

"Hmm… nice. Well I'm going to pick you up in about five minutes because we need to go shopping for your bro's party tonight."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Sighing dramatically, I told her, "Lia, I don't think I'm going tonight. Let's just hang at your place, or something."

"Rain, if this is about your brother, don't worry. He loves me!" I could hear the leer in her voice.

"Lia, I never knew hating someone actually accounted for loving them." I quipped back.

"Oh honey, we’ve got a love-hate relationship going on. He loves me and I hate him. It’s win-win.” In the background, I could hear the engine of her car slowly hum until it eventually stopped altogether. “Ay chica, I'm parking the car and now I'm coming to save your ass." I laughed as I got up and opened the front door for her. "Sup, Babe!" She kissed me quickly on the cheeks and I returned them on hers. "Oh My God, Babe, did you know your hair is in a bun and looks like total shit?" I rolled my eyes at her widened ones and closed the door.

"Oh, I think it looks cute." I shot back, walking up the stairs and into my room, Lia following just behind.

"Na-ah, it looks like crap. Ah, you look like a geek. I'm putting on the GHD and straightening your hair." She walked over to my desk and plugged it in while instructing me to sit down on the chair.

After approximately twenty minutes, she’d finished my hair. "Thanks Lia," I told her whilst getting my bag ready so we could go shopping.

"Don't sweat it. Can we go now?" she asked with a cute puppy dog smile. Obviously, she’d forgotten that I wasn’t the one holding us back here, she was. My hair didn’t need to be straightened, she just preferred if it was.

"Yes. I can't stand to be home anyway." We skipped down the stairs fairly quickly, so I didn't notice the obstacle obstructing my way until I hit it and fell on my ass. Oh God, how embarrassing, and painful.

"Rain, honey, are you all right?" I heard Lia ask. I nodded my head, keeping my eyes closed tightly; believing if I did so the pain that shot through my bones would disappear. I held my hand out so she could help me up. Once I was up, she still didn’t let go."Thank God. Can you still go shopping?" She asked worriedly, though her voice seemed distant.

"Yeah, but you can let go of my hand now." I opened my eyes then, sure that the pain was subsiding, and was faced with a pair of beautiful, dark brown eyes. Shit! I was just holding Matt's hand.

"Sorry, Rain. I was coming to ask if you were okay, but I guess Lia beat me to it." He smiled, and my heart stopped, but I played it cool, nodding my head smoothly.

"Yeah, ‘cause I'm the best. Ain’t that right Rain?" Lia spoke playfully and I nodded my head once again. Oh shit! Where'd my voice go?

"Hand… let go!" I managed to say, if a little nervously. Matt seemed to understand what I meant as a light blush formed on his cheeks, maybe, and then he let go of my hand.

"Sorry about that. So, are you two shopping for tonight?" He asked us, obviously trying to make small talk.

"Yeah, and we shall see you later," Lia said, causing me to look at her.

"Cool. See you later, girls." Matt turned and headed up the stairs, most probably so he could go and hang with Joe.

"Come on Rain, let's go shopping." I nodded my head and followed her out the door. If there was one thing I needed to do today, it was to find a sexy, but nice, outfit that would impress Matt.

Lord, please guide me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote/comment/fann :)