THIRTY-THREE

THIRTY-THREE – Omega Shewolf [Victoria's Cat]

Crouching in the trees with Lex and Lusan at my sides, I watched as a range of wolves stood, sat, and laid around, waiting for their command. They were actually quite pretty. They looked like wolves from photos as they sat with their packs. The only difference here was the fact that these wolves were here to kill us.

Glancing upwards, I saw a leopard, a couple jaguars, and a snow leopard in the trees. I also knew that we had a puma, and lynx with us on the ground, as well as a panther prowling somewhere. Lex's family were the only tigers here. Most of which I couldn't see.

I only knew where Lex and Lusan were, and that was only because Lex refused to leave my side, and Lusan's blocked any possible view that the wolves could have of either me or Lex since our fur was blindingly bright in the darkness that coated the skies like black paint. Against the black sky, the moon seemed more white than it's usual slight blue. And it was that brightness the three-quarter full moon was giving out that made Lex and my fur's glow.

Charlie is trying to talk to the wolves, Lusan told me.

Blinking at him, I tried to listen, but all I could hear were the quiet breaths around me and the quiet paws of the moving wolves. How can you hear him when I can't?

Practise, he replied, watching the wolves, with an ear cocked towards where I was guessing Charlie was trying to talk.

There not listening, Lusan told me. Then a moment later, Contact everyone and tell them to get ready to follow me out.

Why don't you do it?

Because I'm not Omega, Lusan told me, then he added the last so that I understood. I can't talk to them, only those who are related to me, and you.

Understanding, I focused on the bond I now had between myself and all the others around me. The wolves aren't listening to Charlie. Follow Lusan out when he goes to attack.

I felt more than heard their acknowledgement of what I'd told them.

It wasn't much longer until Lusan moved lighting quick. He had a wolf down before any of us had the chance to move. It was only the wolf's pause of shock at the enemy being so close that allowed us to leave the trees and attack.

Remembering last time the wolves had attacked, I stayed at the edge, watching those around me, letting them see which wolf was there. Allowing them to see if they were about to be attacked from behind. It wasn't long for an Omega wolf to appear. And now that the other Omega was near, I could sense what they must have sensed from me. Power. Bright and light. Unlike an Alpha's heavy wave.

The Omega wolf snarled at me as it approached. It's fur was a silk white, and it's blue eyes made me think of the Mediterranean sea. But then I saw the wolf wasn't all white as I saw the tip of it tail. The tip was a rusty red colour. This wolf was like an fox with the opposite colouring.

Baring my fangs in return, I was aware that the fighting around us was slowing as we Omega's eyed each other. I felt the cats want to attack the Omega wolf, and I felt the wolves want to attack me. But they couldn't. Because we were both Omega.

Lusan suddenly spoke to me, This is a new Omega. He doesn't have that much power, but he has been wolf longer than you've been a cat.

Thanks Lusan, who has more power, him or me?

You.

With that information I prowled forward, building up my power until I stood toe to toe, muzzle to muzzle with the wolf. Then told the wolf one word, shoving as much power as I could behind it, Stop!