When Past and Present Collide

CHAPTER 1

*Sorry, Baby. It took me so long to say this to you. But I think this relationship is going down the drain and it is better for us to stop right now or else hurt ourselves in the process as we fix it up. I think we are better off as friends plus I wanna focus on my studies this coming semester. You know how fucked up I am last year and I wanna make up by studying seriously this time. I know what I’m about to do is sort of wrong but I just gotta do it.*

I felt like my right brow reached the ceiling as I’ve read Raevre’s text to me. The nerve of this guy to say all these things to me after all the shitty things he had done to me. How dare he put an end in our relationship with just one text message? I immediately dialled his number and waited for him to pick up. It took 7 rings already but the bastard still doesn’t picking it up. I dialled it again but still, no answer.

“UGH!” I inhale deeply to relax myself.

*Please pick up the phone. I have so many things to tell you that I can’t tell by text.*

I replied to his break up text. Seriously, I just wanted to talk to this bastard to ask the “real” reason why he decided to break up with me. I doubt that he really wanted to focus on his studies. “Studies his ass!” I mutter to myself as I felt my phone vibrates again.

*I’m sorry. I don’t have the heart to talk to you right now. I mean, not now, Verana. I’ll just feel awkward talking to you. I’m so ashamed to your family because of how are relationship turned out.*

I rolled my eyes in irritation. Good thing he knew that what he did is indeed embarrassing!I typed a response.

*Just pick up the phone please. Let us get this over and done with.*

I dialled his number once again, hoping that he’ll pick it up this time, still no answer, just rings. I took another deep breath to calm myself. I dialled again and again. The heck I give up! I just opt in texting him, for the last time. With clenching teeth because of irritation, I composed one last text message for him.

*Look, Raevre. Know what? I’m so relieved reading that text message of yours. Thank God, I can now finally breathe freely. Have a good day and good luck on your endeavours! J*

After sending the text message, I immediately turned off my cell phone and tossed it angrily at my bed.

“The nerveeeee!” I screamed, obviously pissed off because of Raevre.  “Who the hell did he think he is? Some Greek God and God’s gift to women?! Oh please, just kill me then!”

I lazily dropped myself in my bed and close my eyes tightly. I must admit that he is kinda saying the truth about our relationship. We lost communication for the last two weeks or so and I didn’t know the real reason why. I thought it was just the same issue. He has this bad habit of forgetting and, sometimes, not carrying his phone with him. I presume it was just a minor problem, him not texting for a day or two but I became worried when days turned into weeks. I tried texting him if he has any problem with neither me nor our relationship but he didn’t reply so because of annoyance, I just let him be and decided to not text him too. Well, two can play this game, baby. I said to myself that time.

The next day…

When my irritation at him finally subsided, I decided to log on to my Facebook account knowing he will be online too that time and so there’ll be no excuses anymore for us not to talk. When I’m finally online and saw that my suspicion was right about him being online, I immediately sent him a private message.

*Hi baby!*

A few moments later, I am puzzled not to receive any reply from him. What happened to this guy? This is not so like him. Before, whenever I sent him a PM he’ll immediately reply but now it already took 10 minutes but still no reply from him. No texts plus no reply even in chat. Oh oh. It seems like there was indeed a problem here. I try to send him another message.