-[Chapter Thirty-Eight] Liam-

If you need a friend,
                           don't look to a stranger,
                              You know in the end,
                               I'll always be there.

                         And when you're in doubt,
                           and when you're in danger,
                               Take a look all around,
                                  and I'll be there.

                                   Anberlin: The Promise

Photo on the side of Anberlin saying farewell at the show box tonight (10/13/14) in seattle

Chapter Thirty-Eight – Liam

“How long have you known Miss Gregory?” Was Nathan’s first question to his son.

“Almost five years.” Than had answered calmly, he probably expected these ones.

“How long were you together?” he asked getting a base line

“Addison and I were together four years.” He looked over at her and I wish I could be there for her;she had to sit there alone while Than spoke all these lies about her.

“And how long were you together when you started sleeping together?” Nathan questioned and that part made me sick, sleeping with a sixteen year old girl when he was over twenty-one.

“Our first time was on our one year anniversary.”

“Would you tell us how it happened the first time?” Nathan asked and I had to bare his side of the story.

“We spent the day in the city and I got a hotel for us, I admit I gave her wine and I know I shouldn’t have, she was only sixteen but I wanted to celebrate. She was shy the first time I saw her naked and I thought it was cute. We took a bath and we slept together after that.” It infuriated me that he saw her naked.

She trusted him when she did that and he raped her. She was a scared and vulnerable sixteen year old girl and he got her drunk to take advantage of her. What ma does that?

“How though? Who initiated it?” Nathan asked and he cleared his throat

“She was in a towel and I kissed her and we ended up making out in bed and it just happened. I felt bad hurting her, it was her first time and she cried at first until it stopped hurting and I made love to her and we curled up together in bed after.” He said and I shook my head.

“And she never told you no?” Nathan asked

“No, she said it was okay. Age of consent is sixteen; I wouldn’t have slept with her if she wasn’t of age to legally make that decision. I loved her, we were together a year and both decided that we wanted to on our anniversary, it’s a little cliché but it was sweet.” Asshole.

“We have a rape kit starting from that next day; would you care to explain that?” Nathan asked

“I didn’t know. It wasn’t the last time we slept together and she never protested.” Lies. Than was calm and collected and had them all under his spell.

I had to hear about how much he loved my girl for the next ten minutes and it made me want to hit him, he never loved her! I loved her, Than never did, he controlled, manipulated, hated and abused her.

“What do you think about Mr. Krafts testimony that they were in love?” Kalila took my hand to loosen the fist I had made.

“It hurt, I thought she loved me as much as I loved her, it hurt that not only she would betray me like that but that they would too.” Than looked like he was getting emotional, he was by far the best actor out of all of them.