Chapter 6 - Goodbye

Note: Tears may be shed in the following chapter. xx Sorry! :(

Primrose's Pov;

"Why didn't you come to dinner last night?" Pesters Effie. I open my mouth to answer but she just continues talking. "I had sent someone to collect you but they said you were asleep on the floor! I don't know what its like back home but here in the capitol we sleep in beds! Anyway, they said that they tried to move you but you... Anyway, its just bad manners!" I look away trying not to cry. I miss home.

"I'm sorry Effie." I mumble. Effie looks at me sympathetically,

"That's okay Primrose, its just I was worried sick. I didn't want to loose a tribute! What would everyone think! I would've lost this job! Not to mention the parties!!! Oh its just terrible thinking about it!!!!" She rambles dramatically.

"Can't even imagine living like that!" Stutters Haymitch sarcastically taking another drink of his coffe poluted with alcohol.

"Well I never!" Says Effie to herself but Haymitch ignores her.

"Refill, thanks." Commands Haymitch rudely, holding up his cup to the train's attendant.

"Coffee?" The attendant questions.

"Actually I'll just stick to the alcohol." Chuckles Haymitch pouring some right into coffee cup. Effie shakes her head, muttering about manners.

"Anyway, lovely breakfast." says Peeta changing the subject, serving himself another a breakfast food the capitol citizens call pancakes. Effie nods brightly. I look at the table presenting lots of different foods. This sort of fiest is so foreign to me, back home we would be lucky to eat this in a lifetime! I thought I was dreaming when I walked into the dining car, the smell was astonishing. Even though the food is incredible and the decor is stunning I would trade it all in a second to go home to Katniss, alive.

"If you two think this food is good wait until you try the food in the captiol!" comments Effie smiling politely at us all, even Haymitch!

"Hmph." Grunts Haymitch getting up and leaving, taking a bottle of brightly coloured liquor with him. As he walks past me he winks and laughs at himself. I shudder, Haymitch nearly scares me more than the Hunger Games! Almost. Nothing is scarier than that.

"Well goodbye to you too!" Mutters Effie.

"I'll be in my room if you need me. Primrose, Peeta." She says smiling and nodding her head at us, shaking her wig out of place. I think I hear Peeta laugh as Effie leaves but I can't look at him so I get up to go as well. Even though Peeta has been really nice to me I still can't trust him and the seeing him reminds me why I'm here and that I'll never see Katniss or home, again. Just the thought of this makes me cry. But just as I'm about to leave once again Peeta stops me.

"Primrose, Katniss would be proud." He states. I turn around to face him and see if he was being serious. He was. Why does he keep bringing up Katniss? Before he says; "You miss Katniss don't you?" Why can't he stop talking about her. I miss her too much. He doesn't even know her!! Why would she be proud anyway? Proud of me crying and screaming all last night. Missing dinner. Waking up in the shower and not knowing how I got there! Sleeping on the floor as well apparently. I haven't been brave at all!

I shake my head.

"She would..." Persists Peeta softly.

"I just want to sleep. Bye." I say smiling weekly and walking towards the door again.

"Last night I heard you..." He says getting up and walking towards a pair chairs in the corner and gesturing for me to follow. I turn away ready to leave but curouisity gets the better of me.