Chapter One

A/N - Hello old readers, you can skip this if you've read I'l Fight For You - Fremione :)

But for my new readers: this is a sequel to a Fremione story called I'll Fight For You! Please read that first since it probably won't make sense to you. Plus you don't want to miss Fred and Hermione's relationship and how it progresses ;)

---

Hermione’s screams were torture for the people around her and for Hermione herself.

Orders were being demanded in a loud but firm and authority stricken voice. People were rushing about. Shoes hit the ground around her as everyone tried to get everything done on time. Hermione was reminded of the Weasley house before they left for Hogwarts since everyone would be rushing up the stairs, down the stairs, to the kitchen, to the hall way and lugging trunks around and shouting, mainly Mrs Weasley, that they were going to be late and everyone else would be half asleep.

Machines beeped, people breathed heavily around her in a way that they had been taught so that their nerves would calm down. Someone was screaming her name... her surname and Hermione knew who that was but pain was over taking her ability to talk. Then a door slammed shut and the screaming stopped but the noises were still loud. Something jabbed into Hermione’s arm and panic struck her like cold water in the early morning. The baby... what if the injection was going to harm the baby? She couldn't let that happen..

‘I’m...’ Hermione whispered and a nurse next to her, who was injecting her with something, leaned forwards. She urged her on and Hermione fought that scream stuck in her throat. She pushed it down and tried to get her own voice heard, ‘I’m pregnant...’

‘We know, Miss Granger, just try and-’ the nurse tried to console her as she took the injection out of her arm. Hermione interrupted her as a pain as quick as lightning shot through her lower abdomen and she didn't just yell... Hermione shrieked, throwing back her head and letting her throat produce that awful high pitch sound. The nurse grabbed her arm as Hermione tried to grab onto something. The nurse coaxed her back down as Hermione started sobbing and panting about how much it hurt, ‘yes, we know. I’ve injected you with sleep medicine... just try to be at ease.’

Hermione frowned at her quite rudely, opening her eyes into tiny slits to stare murderously at the nurse. Try to be at ease? thought Hermione. She was hardly able to keep her screams muffled, how was she going to be able to relax through everything that was happening? The nurse, however many looks she got from Hermione, just smiled and her eyes darted to the doctor. Hermione’s eyes began to droop down as though she hadn’t slept for a week... no... she wouldn’t sleep, she convinced herself. A question about what was happening to her aroused in her throat but before she knew it, the lights of the world dimmed and she felt into a deep sea of unconsciousness. She didn't try to swim out... she was at ease now.

In the hospital, Draco Malfoy sat outside on the chairs with his legs apart, elbows leaning on his knees and his face buried into his hands. A tuft of blonde and wet hair was visible from the paleness of his fingers. Water dripped in a slow and rhythmic style onto the floor and a bunch of people looked at him with pity in their eyes.

A single thought coursed through his mind and he knew it was true no matter how he tried to convince himself otherwise. This was all his fault. Falling for Hermione Granger was dangerous and he knew that from the beginning... but was he in love with Hermione? He liked something about her, mainly her boldness, but love? Was he that far gone? He still loved Astoria, he knew that for a fact. He missed Astoria so much but the last time he would see her would be when she gave birth to his child. She wanted nothing to do with Draco’s child and she had said so herself.