64

Major love to @YaraMHabboub on twitter/ @alittlebitofyara for creating this GORGEOUS Adore edit. I'm in love!! If you have any edits that you've made for this story, or if you want to make one, please tweet them to me @jhildey_ They honeslty make my day! I'll post my favourite ones on here and give you a dedication.  

An Honest Mistake - The Bravery 

"Don't look at me that way. It was an honest mistake." 

ISABELLA 

The morning comes quickly. There's a cold draft that cuts through the room, causing goosebumps to coat my exposed skin. The duvet is wrapped tightly around me. My body trapped like a cocoon. I manage to unravel myself from the thick covers, turning around in the bed, only to realize that I was alone. 

The side that Ty had fallen asleep on last night is empty. Cold sheets are left in his wake, making it obvious that it has been a while since he was there. I reach my arm across the bed to grab my phone. I turn it on to check the time. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's only nine in the morning. 

I stretch my body out. The aches in my muscles feeling relieved with each stretch. I look around my room, my eyes still waking up. As I look around, something catches my attention. A piece of paper sits on the dresser. Slowly, I crawl out of bed, shuffling my way across the room and towards the dresser. 

Izzy,

I went back to the hotel after you fell asleep. Didn't think it'd be appropriate for me to stay the night. I'm going to talk to the company today to set up an interview for you. Talk later! 

Ty. 

I smile at the note, folding it up and tucking it in my sock drawer. Relief washes over me, knowing that Ty didn't stay the night. The more I thought about it, I began to realize that having him sleep in a bed with me was not a good idea. Our relationship walked a very thin line between inappropriate and friendly. Even though he's my friend, our past was more than platonic cuddles. 

I thought about Harry: the man that I adored. Picking up my phone, I dial the number I had been avoiding for the past couple of days. Awaiting patiently for his husky voice I knew all too well. 

- - - - - 

HARRY 

My phone rings. It continues to ring. And it continues to ring some more. I stare at the small square. The buzz vibrating against my palm. I look at her name as it lights up my screen. 

It has almost been a week since I've seen her last. A week since I've heard her voice. After countless amounts of phone calls and text messages, I gave up. Deciding that I'd give her space and time. Seeing that space was what she probably needed. 

I didn't think that giving her the space that been had been unsaid, but clearly wanted on her part, would cause her to go around my back with another guy. 

The thought made my stomach churn and my heartbeat quicken. I guess that was a taste of my own medicine. It was easy to say that I knew how she felt that night, when she saw me dance with Rita. 

Fuck, I was an idiot. 

Last night, when I got the call from Ben saying that Isabella had another guy over, I thought he had been kidding. A sick joke that he was playing on me to get back on all the bullshit I put him through. However, it was the sincerity in his goddamn voice that solidified that, in fact, he was not lying, but indeed telling me the truth. 

I didn't want to believe that she was cheating on me. Especially out in the open like that. However, my mind kept playing with the possibility that we were over, and that she was moving on already.