Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Liam dropped me off at my apartment late that night. Kat had been texting me like crazy, wanting to know where I was and if I was spending the night with Liam. Every time I read one of her texts, I ended up blushing. Liam caught on to it, but he would just smile and ask me if it was Kat. I would nod, and I felt like he could read what Kat was telling me.

“I’ll drop your car off tomorrow, okay?” Liam asked. He was walking me up to my apartment, his hand lightly on the small of my back. I had been walking slowly, trying to stretch the time I had with him.

“I have class tomorrow.” The disappointment was clear in my voice, and from the way he smiled at me after I spoke, I could tell he noticed.

“It should be ready by noon. Where are you studying?”

“I drive into the city.”

“Every day?” Liam asked, frowning.

I shook my head. “I only have class two days a week, at least this semester. I piled them on so that I wouldn’t have to come and go every day.”

“So you have class tomorrow?”

“No, I had class today. But I didn’t catch Kat before she left.”

“You skipped?” he asked, grinning.

“I did, but it was mostly lectures. I feel bad, but not as much. I need to go tomorrow to see my brother, and to talk to one of my professors.”

“At what time?”

“I’m leaving in the morning so that I have the afternoon free. I didn’t go in to work today either,” I said, feeling embarrassed with how irresponsible I sounded.

Liam simply chuckled. “Today was ditch day for you?”

We had already made it my apartment. I had spent almost all day with him, yet I didn’t want him to go. I tried to ignore the part of me that was already missing him. It was not normal how fast I was getting attached to him.

I turned to the door to slide the key in, and gave myself some time to breathe. I had to keep stopping myself from staring at him too much.

“I guess it was. It wasn’t on purpose. Last night was not normal for me,” I admitted.

“That won’t happen again, Savannah. If you need anything, you already have my number,” he said.

We had exchanged numbers before he drove me to my apartment. He told me to call if I needed him, but I knew I wouldn’t be using the number. I would be too embarrassed, but I pictured myself obsessing over his in my phone.

“Okay,” I nodded.

“If you need a ride for tomorrow, call me.”

“I will,” I said, but I knew that I wasn’t going to.

Once I was inside the door, Liam took a step in. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Savannah.”

I nodded, and looked up at him. Liam was smiling at me.

“Okay,” he said.

He leaned down and brushed his lips against my cheek. Just the slightest contact with him started my heart beating erratically. He stayed like that, with his lips against mine for a couple of seconds. Instead of pulling away, he rested his forehead against mine. I placed my hands on his chest, and took in a shaky breath.

“Why?” Liam asked in a low voice.

He nestled his head in my neck, and wrapped his arms around my waist. He had kept them by his side. I imagined he hadn’t planned for anything else but a quick kiss on my cheek.