Chapter 10

"Bowling?" Jennifer laughed.

"Yes," Rick answered.

"Okay," she said, her tone proving she didn't take him seriously as she looked out the window.

"What?" He looked over at her with a smile.

"Oh nothing," she looked back at him, "You just don't seem like the bowling type,"

"Oh come on," he looked back at the road, "I can bowl."

"It's not the bowling part of it, it's the fun part, you don't seem like someone who has that kind of fun."

" I have fun, you know what, I know a place near here.

With that, Rick drove 5 minutes to a local bowling alley and parked outside.

"Oh my God we're really doing this," Jennifer said as she exited the car.

"Did you think I was joking,"

"I was hoping you were."

"We'll I wasn't, come on."

She followed behind him as they entered the bowling alley, Rick paid for a lane and they put on their sneakers and made their way to their lane.

"I bowl first," Jennifer called as she picked up a bowling ball of her choosing.

"You got it, but," he took the ball from her hands, "First, some terms of agreements."

"Come again?"

"You heard me, choose what you want if you win."

"Seriously?" Her eyes widened a bit.

"Seriously."

"And I can choose anything,"

"Within reason,"

She gave him a look, and he returned it.

"Okay," she began, "Well," she walked around Rick, "Hmm, what should I choose as my prize,"

He smiled to himself watching her circle him as if he was her prey.

"Okay," she turned to him. "If I win, you tell me all about yourself, your job, your childhood, you're parents, what you were really doing at that bar that night, and why you took me. Everything."

Rick squinted his eyes a bit, thinking.

"Okay, if you win, that's what you'll get, now, if I win,"

"Oh God,"

He smiled wickedly, "Hmm, if I win," rick stretched every word as he walked right up to her. When his face was inches away from hers as he towered over her with his height, he said "If I win, when we get to a hotel tonight, you don't sleep on the floor like you said you would, you sleep on the bed."

Satisfied, she smiled. "Deal." She began to turn away but he grabbed her arm gently.

"With me."

Her eyes widened, "No."

"No?"

"No."

"Are you that afraid of losing?"

"I won't lose, I'm weirdly good at bowling,"

"Then you have nothing to lose," he held the ball up to her.

She looked at him for a second and debated whether or not her next move was a good idea, but gave in anyway. "Fine, deal." She grabbed the ball from him, rolled it down her lane, and scored a strike.

She turned back to look at him and winked, "Your turn,"

She moved back as he took a ball off the shelf, and rolled it down the lane. He looked back at her right away and smiled as he heard his ball hit the pins, scoring a strike as well. "Next," he said to her, his smile still plastered on his face.

After 40 minutes of playing, scoring some strikes, spares and even missing the pins completely, the score was 99 Rick, 105 Jennifer.

"Okay Rick, you've hit 3 spares before this one, if you don't pull some kind of miracle and hit a strike, you're going to lose." Jennifer said , full of faith that she was going to win.

"Sorry Jen, I have no plans on losing."

His tone made Jennifer realize that she might've had too much faith in herself. Rick picked up the bowling ball and made his way to the lane slowly, giving Jennifer enough time to begin biting her lip. Rick pulled his arm back and threw the ball down the lane.

Jennifer closed her eyes fearing for what the result would be. When she heard the ball hit the pins she winced. She opened her eyes slowly to find Rick standing right in front of her, his face again only inches away from hers as he smiled at her. Still with a pinch of hope left in her, she let her eyes drift away from his and up at the score board. Her breath caught in her throat as she read his final score.

Strike.