XIV: Teasing

Elsa went to Oaken's office to have at least a little chat together without Jack and the other house guest.

"Your majesty" Oaken bow deeply in respect seeing the Queen entered his office. He moved aside from his table and gesture the Queen to sit at the swivel chair. The Queen just shook her head and comfortably seated on the sofa across the wide table.

"How's this place Oaken?" Elsa asked.

"Everything is fine, Your Majesty" Oaken answer. Elsa just smiled letting the silence swallowed the office.

It took a few seconds before Oaken decided to speak, "Your Majesty" Elsa looked at him, "May I ask a question?"

Elsa chuckled, seeing the former commander of Royal knight were still speaking at her formally, "You're already asking question Oaken"

Oaken cleared his throat, "I heard all the details about the case you are currently handling from His Excellency"

Why she was not surprised. "Grand Pabbie shouldn't share any information about this case especially it is a classified one."

"I'm just worried Your Majesty" Oaken replied, "seeing that case is very dangerous"

"I can take care of myself Oaken" she assured the retired Commander of the royal knight, "So you don't need to worry about that."

Oaken took his chances to change the Queen's mind. "I think, now is the best time to go back to the palace, Your Majesty"

Elsa shook her head, "I'm going back to the palace soon, but for now I need to finish this case"

"I wonder if it is still about the case that's why you can't go back to the palace"

"So, what are you implying?" Elsa raised her eyebrow.

"I saw how you look at that man"

"What look?"

"It was the same look as Princess Anna looks at her husband."

Elsa sighed, "I love him, Oaken." she leans back, "I know I should not be supposed to feel this, towards him especially we're handling a dangerous case but I can't stop this feeling." She smiled remembering what happened this morning. "This is the last case I would be handling and I want to spend my remaining days with him before I go back to the palace." she paused, "I know it is a selfish thing and it can compromise the mission" she added, "So please, you all don't need to worry about it. There's nothing bad is going to happen to me"

"But..." Elsa raised her hand to stop Oaken. Oaken sighed realizing that he couldn't change the Queen's decision. "If anything happens, anything... please do not hesitate to contact us. Don't do something reckless." Oaken knew that the Queen tends to act recklessly. "I will be there the moment you contact me."