Chapter 8 - The Cake

This Chapter is dedicated to all my fans and especially Neesh for helping me when I had a massive mental blank about how to explain stuff :s

Thankyou all for the support! :)

xxStephxx

Chapter 8

It’s Saturday morning. 6 am. I twist in my sheets, my bed suddenly feeling very uncomfortable and hard. I can’t get back to sleep.  I keep my eyes shut and think about the last couple of days and how much I want to go home. 

For the rest of the week I woke up early and went through my usual routine – minus the McLane boys. There was no way I was going to talk to them after what had happened. Ok, just Tristan, Dylan, Jake and Wes.

Everyone else is innocent and have no idea what my bra size is.

I woke up early so I could avoid them and walked to school, I told Mitch and the girls about what had happened and they stuck close to me and helped me out. We ignored all attempts Wes and Jake made to make conversation and Tish had a thing or two to say to them. I was appalled when a couple of guys came up to me and told me they wouldn’t mind ‘helping me out’ since I hadn’t had a boyfriend before. I later found out they were friends of Jake. Of course.

Lucy aka B.B. refrained from threatening me to stay away from Jake, but if looks could kill… I would be shot, cut up into tiny pieces, put into a blender and then thrown in acid. Other than that she just made snide remarks about me, but it was nothing I couldn’t handle. Mitch helped me paint my locker after school yesterday and now a little girl reading in a field resides on my locker door next to the colorful Polk-a-dots.

When I was at home I spent most of my time in my room sketching and listening to my iPod until I was called down for dinner.

I cover my head with my pillow. I haven’t been able to sleep properly since I’m always worrying about those pictures. I mean, no one saw them– well at least I think they didn’t… but I still rather it never happened…

I can’t even talk to Claire about it. I’m not so cruel that I’d wish the ‘Wrath of Claire’ on them and, well anyone else.

“Hailey?” someone whispers.

“Mmmmm?”

 It’s Seth.

“You’re sleeping in front of the stairs.”

I bolt uprights, pulling the sheets around me.

“Oh no.” I groan.

Hello sleep-walking-itis, haven’t seen you in a while.

Seth chuckles, “I just about had a heart attack when I nearly stepped on you.”

“Sorry,” I mumble as I get up, sheets and all. “I have a habit of sleep-walking every now… and then.”

He laughs quietly again. “I couldn’t sleep so I’m going to go for a run, you wanna come?”

A run sounds good. I can’t get to sleep either, might as well do something.

“Thanks, yeah I’d like to come. I can’t really get to sleep either.”

“K, I’ll meet you downstairs in 10 minutes.” he walks down the stairs humming quietly to himself.

I stand at the top of the stairs for a while, listening to his rich voice. Snapping out of my daze I remember I’ve got to be ready in 10 minutes. I bolt to my room, glancing in the mirror near my wardrobe. I do a double take. I look at the birds nest on my head. I’ve given up on calling it hair in the mornings.