A Cross and a Girl Named Blessed

• Dedicated to Evans Blue

[[A/N: It's up for the Watty's, so votes AND comments are extremely appreciated.. dont forget please >.<]]

BLESSED: Part 1

There's A Pretty Girl Somewhere

Nobody could have prepared me for the sight of her. 

She was an enigma of beauty, everything a guy like me could ever want or hope to have and hold.  She had silky golden hair, styled in corkscrew curls.  Her smile could light up even the darkest of worlds, and everyone felt the need to grovel at her dainty feet that were constantly clad in ballet flats. 

Class President, Head Cheerleader, Captain of the Math Club.  She was beautiful, graceful, nimble, smart, cunning, and just like every other boy in our school, I was in love with her.  

"Hi, Blessed."  I spoke to her as she floated by, seemingly on the wings of an angel.  I had never had the courage to do so before, I was definitely not one of the hottest guys, not by any means.  I wasn't muscular, but nor was I fat.  My hair was dyed a blue-black color, and I had a snakebite piercing in my bottom lip.  I was thin, and stood at six foot, two inches, while Blessed was a tiny thing, only five foot and three inches, but nobody cared about that.  She was possibly the shortest person in our entire school, but by far the most gorgeous.  

"Hi Evan."  Her eyes seemed to light up a bit, but maybe that was just my wishful thinking.  Her only flaw was her dull eyes, that seemed to always be hiding her emotions behind a mask.  They were a dark grey, like the sky before a heavy storm and were constantly swirling with hidden emotions, and usually faint purple shadows were underneath, as though she hadn't gotten a very good sleep the night before.  

Before I got a chance to say anything, Adam, the high-school quarter back came up to us and slipped an arm around her waist.  He whispered something in her ear, and only I seemed to be aware of the pain in her eyes.  Not physical, no, but extreme emotional pain.

"Yeah, Adam.  I'll meet you at your house, tonight."  Her voice spoke, silky smooth and husky, the words were said seductively.  Her eyes were a mask, her face perfectly blank but as he walked away, her shoulders slumped.  "Bye Evan."  Her voice whispered, and it seemed to me that she sounded defeated.

"I'll talk to you later, Blessed."  I watched as she walked away, a forced pep in her step, with her head held high as if nothing had ever happened.  Boys slapped her ass, and it seemed that every time that happened her head hung just a centimeter lower, and her shoulders slumped just a fraction.  The way they all seemed to use her for their own personal whore had my blood boiling, why couldn't they see that they were breaking her, slowly killing her.  

Maybe they could see and they just didn't care. 

I would attempt to talk to her in Biology class later, since that was the only class I had with her, I decided in that moment.

~*~*~*~

"Hey, Blessed."  I smiled down at her as I stood in front of her desk.  The space beside her was empty, as it usually was in this class.  She was extremely popular, but she worked better alone, and nobody bothered to be her Bio partner.  

"Evan."  Her face lit up in a smile, but it seemed forced.  Regardless, it still made my world a little bit better, and I grinned at her.  

"Can I sit with you?"  My usual partner, Marie, wasn't in school today because she had the flu, so I was damned and determined to sit with her, even if she had said no.  Blessed nodded her head, making her blonde hair bounce off of her back, and I sat down immediately and stared at her for a moment.