Acknowledgments

I always like to start off my stories (even the ones I don't have on Wattpad) to say thank you, because I wouldn't be where I am without so many individuals in my life who have encouraged this ridiculous, overactive imagination of mine to grow into what it is today.  

To my readers, who are willing to read the word-vomit I call my stories. I've always struggled with a fear of sharing my work, but seeing your likes and comments makes me less fearful. I love knowing you're out there, and I hope you enjoy my take on Remalna's future.  If you haven't read Crown Duel and Court Duel, don't worry. I pull a couple things from Sherwood Smith's stories, but this novel of mine can stand alone and isn't dependent on a knowledge of things past. 

To my parents, who put up with me for all these years. For acting interested in my notepad-scribbled stories and letting me tell you what I'd "written," even though I didn't know how to write.  For telling me "What you write is so good!" when it has been and honest with me when it hasn't. 

To my friends, who know me well enough to understand that the far-off look in my eye doesn't mean I'm bored but rather in another country/kingdom/galaxy far, far away--whether in this world or another. Who encourage me--and hold me accountable--to keep writing, even when I haven't felt like it. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for letting me bounce ideas off you when I've needed advice or your expertise. You're the best. 

To the dear friend who helped me even come up with many aspects of this story. I am so grateful and incredibly amazed that God brought us together, and I'm so happy you're part of my life, if even from afar. Seriously. Life would be such much duller without you. 

And finally, of course...to Sherwood Smith. You say on your website you don't read fanfics (I can understand why), so you'll probably never see this. But thank you. Thank you for publishing Crown Duel and Court Duel so many years ago. Thank you for inspiring me; I can honestly say I wouldn't be the writer I am today if not for your influence on me. Thank you for encouraging fans like me to continue your Sartorias-deles legacy with our own stories.  

Ready? Hope you're wearing your comfy pants and boots, and I pray you've packed for all sorts of events and weather. Never know what might come your way with this! 

Remalna is waiting...for all of us. 

So let's go!