Mismatched Compatibility (24)

It is vital that you listen to Ed Sheeran's Kiss Me while reading this chappie. :)

_____________

Dana:

It was quite late when we got home.

I could honestly say that it had been the best day of my life. Before we left that tiny bit of paradise, we went cliff-diving. Yes, I couldn't quite believe it myself. Ethan managed to persuade me into jumping off a cliff.

I know. Such a persuasive human being he is.

It was such a thrill, though. By the time I came up for air, I wanted to do it again. Too bad it was getting late. We decided to go home, instead.

We ate supper at the Diner. I ordered everything I wanted to eat, not holding back this time. I figured that I needed food to get my energy back from a day full of fun. Also, I noticed we were getting weird looks from some of the people there as we ate.

Guess what, though?

I absolutely didn't care. I was happy, that was all that mattered.

Ethan and I arrived at the house at quarter past eleven in the evening. Maybe I was getting sentimental because I was leaving tomorrow that I walked in to the living room instead of going straight to the guest bedroom upstairs.

My eyes wandered toward the large trophy case. I didn't realize I was walking towards it until my hand touched the glass. My heart sank at the thought of Ethan.

I didn't want to leave him.

But I had to. I had to get back to reality at some point.

I heard the front door close, causing me to turn my head to that direction. I saw Ethan look around until his eyes landed on me. He walked towards me and stopped.

We just stood there in the living room, looking into each other's eyes.

As if measuring his move, he took a step closer.

And closer . . . Until all I could see was him hovering over me.

There was something with the way he looked at me that was different. There was no arrogance, no cockiness – only sincerity, which was weird considering he was Ethan. My eyes then landed on his lips. They looked so soft. And I knew they were.

I was suddenly reminded of our kiss at the airport. I felt so many emotions that time that I felt as though I could burst.

No one had ever kissed me like that.

I knew, with the way Ethan had been looking at me all day, that he wanted to do it again. It was quite obvious from my expression that I also wanted the same thing – maybe even more.

My feet refused to move from the spot. My hands reached behind me, holding onto the back of the sofa for support. The way Ethan was looking at me made my knees wobbly.

He placed both of his hands on either side of me so that our faces were leveled with each other. He leaned his face a bit closer, brushing his lips on mine.

I felt shivers ran through me, feeling his warm breath.

“I want you,” he whispered in a husky voice.

My heart beat accelerated. It was pounding so hard, I faintly wondered if he could hear it. I also wondered if he could see how much I wanted him, as well. Could he see it through my face? If truth be told, I didn't care.

I took a deep breath, and I just realized that I was holding my breath.

“So do I,” I murmured, looking straight into his blue eyes.