Chapter 11 - Confusion times a zillion

© Sandra Corton 2014

Chapter 11 - Confusion times a zillion

Monday morning rolled around with Kayla rising after a rather sleepless night. She still couldn't believe that she had chosen to make a date with Isaac. Thoughts had plagued her all night between ultra-excitement to a nervousness that scared her.

Still she sleepily got ready for school. She drove to school almost on automatic with her mind still going over the previous day. A strange but happy anxiety filled her when she saw Isaac approaching her car, once she had finished parking it.

She had so many emotions vying for attention that she wasn't sure which to face first. When he tapped on her window, a nervous high pitched giggle escaped her. He smiled at her, that charming, gorgeous smile that she wanted to keep all to herself.

With great difficulty and an immensely quivering heart, she opened her car door and hopped out. Before she could respond, Isaac had already opened the rear door and grabbed her bag. Gawd he really was just too darn sweet!

"Good morning." His voice was deep and husky, thrilling Kayla from head to toe.

"Hey." She said shyly as she looked at him quickly, trying not to be stunned stupid by his beautiful eyes.

"So you haven't changed your mind?" He asked with a hesitation in his voice that she wasn't expecting.

"About what?" She asked curiously as he slung her bag over his shoulder.

"The date next weekend obviously." He rolled his eyes at her.

"No why would I?" She stated simply. He shrugged but said nothing more on the topic of their impending date.

As they neared her locker, she wondered what would be waiting for her today. It was no surprise to find Marnie standing there but Kayla was shocked by the genuine smile on her face. Kayla approached cautiously as Isaac cursed from beside her.

"Hey you two love birds." Marnie told them with a cheeky grin and Kayla went to back away until she bumped into Isaac.

"What's going on Marnie?" Isaac asked suspiciously.

"I came to give you some good news and to warn you." Marnie said excitedly.

Isaac gathered Kayla closer by slinging an arm around her shoulders. He wasn't sure what was going to come from Marnie's mouth, but he knew none of it could be good.

"First thing, I was never really interested in you Isaac. I was just trying to make another guy jealous and it worked! Now he wants us to be exclusive." Marnie let out an excited little giggle which only confused Isaac.

"So no more trying to kiss me?" Isaac asked his voice filled with skepticism.