Chapter 16

Carly

My eyes stared blankly ahead, not clearly making out what they were focused on. My thoughts ran wild, smashed together in one giant knot. The pain I feel is indescribable but at the exact same time I feel numb. My wolf does nothing but whine and howl day in and day out, snarling at me to do something, but there is nothing more I can do.

It has been a total of three days since Aiden was taken and while Xavier has been doing all that he can I still feel helpless. Its not like we dont know where Aiden is, Mason obviously took him back to his pack, but the fact that we cant do anything.

If we were to step foot onto his land Mason would have every right to declare war for trespassing, because no matter how much I wish that it was different Mason is Aidens father and he has just as much as a right to him as I do.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, cringing when I felt how dirty it was. I haven't slept or showered in the last three days, seeing as stress has been making me crazy. A large hand gently landed on my shoulder, causing my head to snap up. My red eyes met beautiful blue ones.

Xavier has been my rock the last few days, calming me when the panic attacks came, he's been barking out orders, night and day, trying to figure out a way to get my little man back.

"Hey, why dont you go get something to eat or take a nap?" Xavier questioned. I opened my mouth to protest but closed it abruptly once he gave me a stern look. I reluctantly nodded my head before standing up and sighing.

As I went to walk away Xavier pulled me back into him, wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me tightly. I let out a large breath and wrapped my arms around his firm waist. His large hand smooths down my wild hair and pulled me closer to him, breathing in my scent.

The corners of my lips tilted up but the barely there smile disappeared as soon as thoughts of Aiden came to me. Xavier must have sensed this because he sighed into my hair.

"Were going to get him back Carly, I promise."

I was holding onto that promise with everything I had.

..

After a hot shower and some of Melinda's home made soup I felt slightly better, though not by much. My dripping fet blonde hair stuck to the back of my neck and my prune like fingers grasped a cup of hot coffee. Melinda and Gracie sat at the large dining room table, staring at me in concern.

Though I appreciated their concern all I really wanted was to be left alone. Tears began to gather in my eyes, while my head dropped down onto my arm. The silent tears slipped out of my eyes, running down my face, and dropping onto the glass table.

Melinda's motherly hand rested on my back and began to rub, trying to soothe me, though it didnt help much.

"Carly everything's going to be alright. I know it doesnt seem like it right now but it will be, I swear." Gracie's voice was strong but I couldnt listen to her at the moment, I was to caught up in my sorrow. No there was two hands rubbing my back and I still paid them no attention.

As soon as the familiar scent of cinnamon and berries filled my nose I abruptly stood from my chair, knocking the chair over in the process, and threw myself into his arms. Xavier gulped loudly before growling and easily sweeping me off of my feet, carrying me bridal style.

I burried my head in his chest and cried on his shirt. My fists clutched his shirt as I held onto him as if my life depended on it. Xavier whispered soft words to me as he carried me to where ever it was we were going.

I reconized the smell of Xaviers office as we stepped into it and could tell that he had sat onto his large office chair, dropping me onto his lap. I didnt take my head off of his chest I did open my eyes and look up at the amazing man who was holding me, taking in his beautiful features.

My feeling for Xavier had been growing more and more ever since I had first met him and though it may sound twisted, having this happen has only broughten us closer to one another. Though sparks didnt fly when we touched and we couldnt feel each others emotions that didnt change the fact that I felt strongly for Xavier, more then I probably should considering the fact that I have a mate.

Xaviers eyes met mine and he gave me a tired smile, making my heart twist in guilt. I was aware of the amount of stress that I have put Xavier under.

I slowly sat up and began to get off of Xavier but he stopped me from doing so.

"Where are you going?" He questioned, sounding distraught. I looked at the ground and shrugged. He frowned and gently grabbed my chin, making me look into his eyes.

"Whats the matter? Besides the obvious." Xavier asked with a fince. I pursed my lips.

"I just feel bad. Ive been putting you and this pack under so much stress, it isnt fair to you." I whispered. Xavier frowned.

"Were all under stress for the same reason, someone we love is missing. I love you and I love Aiden and therefor I deserve this stress just as much as you do." Xaviers words were sincere and they brought more tears to my eyes.

I looked up into his eyes and saw the love that they held before gently pressing my lips to his. I was aware that it wasnt the most appropriate time for this to happen again but I couldnt stop myself from showing him that I felt the same way.

Our lips moved slowly together, in a slow passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and pulled myself closer to him, absorbing his body heat. As we pulled apart to take a breath the ringing of the phone pulled us out of the daze we were in.

Xavier cleared his throat before pulling the phone off of the base, putting it to his ear.

" Hello?" His deep voice barked out? I watched Xavier's face go from relaxed and happy to angry in about two seconds.

"How dare you call us! After all that you have done I cant believe that you have the nerve." His loud, booming voice made me jump. It processed in my brain who it was that he was talking to before I snatched it out of his hand.

"Mason?" I questioned, my voice shaky. A creepy chuckle was heard through the phone.

"Hello sweet heart. Just calling to tell you that the second your pesky pack steps foot onto my land I will kill every single one of them. Oh and while were talking about that pathetic pack, Aidens link to your puppy dog alpha better be broken by tomorrow or there will be hell to pay." Mason growled each word.

My body was shaking and the loud growls from both men weren't helping me to calm down.

"Please let me talk to him, just for a minute." I begged. My voice sounded pathetic even to myself. Mason was silent for a moment.

"It sucks doesnt it? Not being able to talk to your own child no matter how much you wish you could. Thats how I felt for months." Though he sounded angry I couldnt miss the hint of sadness in his voice. By now the tears were endless and the sobs coming out of my mouth were loud and ugly.

"Mason please! Please! Im sorry, please." I sobbed out between hiccups. Mason growled.

I had just opened my mouth to speak when a small, familiar voice came over the phone.

"Mommy?" Aiden questioned. I released a loud sob.

"Aiden, baby, I love you so much. I miss you and I love you just please remember that." I spoke as quickly as I could, not knowing when Mason was going to take the phone.

"I love you to mommy, I miss you and I hope that I see you soon." Aiden's adorable voice told me. I smiled a sad smile and closed my eyes when the line went dead.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys! So heres the new chapter, what do you think? Anyways so I deleted the pictures of the characters that I had posted because Im working on making a trailor and picking a cast. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

- Katelynn (: