Epilogue

Epilogue

"Emery where are you now? Are you okay? Is Dane with you? What's he doing?-" questions Tory for what seemed to be the hundredth time. Emery rolled her eyes and glanced across at Dane. Dane just shrugs silently, before returning his gaze back to the road.  

"Mom, please! I'm fine. You called like 10 minutes ago. We're still on the road. Dane says we still have about an hour to go and what do you think he's doing, mom? He's driving!" snapped Emery annoyed by her mom's persistent.  

"Don't snap at me young lady! You may have now graduated but I am still your mother-" 

"Mom! Please, stop calling. I love you and all but...just stop now," exasperated Emery. Dane clamped his lips tight to stop the laughter from bubbling out of them. Her and her mother were like the funniest and cutest duo of mother and daughter he had ever seen.

Tory on the other end of the phone was fighting for the phone from James, who had managed to prise it off her.  

"James," she hissed as held her back to his chest with one arm, clamping her arms to her sides.  

"Emery?" he called through the microphone.  

"Oh thank-God, James," sighed Emery relieved to be talking to someone more sane than her mother at the present.  

"Sorry about disturbing you sweetheart. Rest assured your mother will not be calling you until tomorrow morning," he promises earning a gasp from Tory and a relieved huff from Emery.  

"Thanks James. Enjoy your visit," Emery gratefully replies before cutting the call. James does the same and throws the phone onto the bed, before releasing Tory. She spins around and glares at him with a frown tugging at her lips.  

"Why did you do that?" she demands cross. It was Tory and Emery's first Christmas apart and Tory could feel the worry pounding at her skull. Since James and her started dating, Tory had up until recently been able to panic less over Emery but her separated from her young, her maternal instincts were going into overdrive. Not only was that, but the fact they were now in two entirely different countries also a worrying fact. James had convinced Tory to come with him to Brazil and Tory with much push from both Emery and James had caved in. After that, Dane invited Emery to join his family for Christmas to which Tory happily obliged, knowing at least then Emery wouldn't be left for 2 weeks alone in the house for Christmas.  

"You're going to drive the poor girl crazy," responds James with a frown equally framing his face.  

"I'm going crazy!...Maybe I shouldn't have left her for Christmas! Oh God! I'm such a bad mother! Who leaves their-" 

"Tory! Stop it!" cries James, tugging her into his arms and sealing her lips with a hearty kiss. She responds equally enthusiastically, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling herself even flusher against him. Spinning her around he let her fall onto the plush hotel bed and grinning.  

"Now, let's get your mind off Emery," smirks James tugging off his t-shirt.

Meanwhile, Emery and Dane arrived at Dane's parent's house. The tall 3 storey, white stone building loomed over them causing Emery to gulp in nervousness. Considering their relationship had been far from the normal werewolf-mate one, Emery wasn't surprised that it was only now, so far into it, she was finally meeting his parents.  

"Anything I need to know beforehand?" she whispers to Dane as they walk up to the front door. Dane grins and wraps an arm around her waist before saying, "nope. You'll learn on the job, trust me. Besides, they'll love you."