12. Forgive and forget.

12. FORGIVE AND FORGET.

TIM Angelo felt the movement at the side of the bed and an arm hugged him from behind.

What time was it already? Four in the morning? Five?

“Hi,” Arianna whispered as she kissed the side of his neck.

He swallowed the pain, the tears, pride and everything as he turned around and faced her.

“Hey, you’re back,” he whispered in a sleepy tone, smiled in a sleepy way—as if he was able to get some sleep even for just a second.

Wow. He must be good at this acting that everything was just fine. Hey, he might get used  to it.

“How’s the show?” tanong niya kay Arianna sa kunwaring inaantok pa ring boses.

“Great. Wished you were there,” she whispered as she lovingly stroked the side of his face. Through the light coming from the lamp, he could see her eyes. They were deceiving—almost had him believing with that innocent look they showed.

“Did you?”

“Hmm. I missed you,” she whispered gently—ironically.

Maybe he’d get used to her lies. Maybe he’d get used to his, too.

“Tinry kong humabol sa after party,” pagpapaalam niya kay Arianna.

Umpisa pa lang, nakapagpaalam na siya kay Arianna na hindi siya makaka-attend sa show nito dahil sa schedule niya.

“You did? You were there?” Hindi naitago ni Arianna ang gulat sa tonong ginamit nito at sa pag-alerto ng mga nito.

“No. Hindi kinaya, e,” nakangiting sabi niya.

Oh, he was there, alright. But she wasn’t.

Nagbuga ng malalim na hininga si Arianna. “I wished you were there. The team had fun.”

And by team, you mean, you and TJ? Yeah, I bet you did! Kung pa’no niya napigilang lumabas ang mga salitang ‘yon sa bibig niya, hindi niya alam.

“I called you too many times though. Bakit hindi ka sumagot?” tanong niya, mailiko lang ang atensyon niya. Pero ganu’n pa rin, e. Mauuwi’t mauuwi pa rin sa panloloko ni Arianna.

“Everyone was busy and I forgot my phone in my hotel room.”