Matty

When I first saw Lily up close, the thought that came to my mind was, damn.

damn good damn.

She was standing just outside Amy’s dorm room, looking at me with wide green eyes. Her hair fell down her back, a black waterfall. Her mouth was open in a little “o.” She had this look of shock on her face. She looked beautiful. She was stunning.

I know I liked her the first time I saw her. She was gorgeous, not in the I’m-a-popular-and-confident-model-way, but in the clueless-and-unassuming-way, which we could all admit, is pretty attractive. When I first talked to her, I knew she’s smart, and she’s a creative, passionate soul. She studies art and likes it. She has a great eye, and in her mind she visualizes the transformation of plain, every day things into masterpieces. She creates magic with her hands.

She is sweet, she is spunky, she is sassy. She is a daddy’s girl.

She is also the biggest geek in the world.

And she’s gorgeous.

She says I should stop saying that. It makes her uncomfortable. Well, gorgeous, tough luck, because you’re gorgeous and I’m not going to stop saying that because my momma taught me not to say things that are untrue. I am winking here, and if she should see, she’ll probably tell me I look like something is wrong with my eye. She’s right most of the time.

Lily Jones is the net beneath me.

I’m glad I am the one she caught.