Chapter.1

Hi, my name is Tyler Masen. I'm the typical teenage girl, curly blonde hair, blue eyes. I've always been sort of a loner. I mean I have friend's I'm just more careful who I make friends with I don't seem to make alot. My older brother he's taken care of me since I was 10, my mother passed from a car accident 9years ago, I was in the car but I suffered a concussion I don't remember much of it? My dad ever since then seemed to die inside and was always away on business trips. Now I'm 16 and dad comes home to drop off money for me and Ryan. My brother he just started college in the next city next to where we live, he's 22 and very similar features to mine. 

Today seemed like such a regular day for me, I went to school got through talking to me occasional friend that wasn't rushing around trying to get to a class or a new girl friend or boyfriend. I'm pretty much the loner at school. I came home right after school went up to my room and started my homework, it wasn't  until 9:30 pm my life would change. 

"Hello?"

"Dad?" I called back, and ran to the bottom of the stairs. "What are you doing home?" 

"I have tonight and tomorrow..free." He smiled, when dad came home he at least was warm and loving still. His brown hair short and had soft gray hairs growing in, still a warm welcoming smile covered with a 5 o'clock shadow and soft brown eyes. "Oh I do have something for my princess." He then disappeared outside to his car. I remember when dad started to call me princess at the age of 3. I was obsessed with being a princess and finding my prince and castles. 

He then returned with a flat white box and handed it to me, "Here open it." 

 I laid the box on the leather couch in the living room and lifted the lid and past the tissue paper and there layed a beautiful navy blue strap summer dress with ruffles on the side and silver sandals.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=59353307

"These are beautiful daddy." I say and hug him, "But what's the occasion?" 

"Well I recently got a call from Mr. and Mrs. Evans, remember them?"

My heart sank at their last names, they were our old neighbors when mom was around. Our families were best friends and then the accident happened and everything changed. Even my friendship with, Dakota. "Yes." I answered.

"Well we're having dinner with them tomorrow night." He smiled as if this was good news. 

"So this is why you bought me a new dress. I get it. I'll go." I slightly smiled and put the dress back in the box and took it up to my room without another word. I haven't thought of the Evans for a long while, especially Dakota. I haven't seen them since I was 10. I remember that kiddish smile of his at 11  and his blonde hair in his face and those blue eyes. But he's just a faded memory, he was my best friend but not even close anymore. Usually when I'm stressed I play my guitar and hum to the chords. I grabbed my acoustic and I strummed the strings and hummed along and the vibration of the music going through my hand and the sound of the strings automatically soothed me. "What do they want?" I thought. "There has to be a reason to go 7 years without one call and then all the sudden want to have dinner?"

I finished up my essay and had dinner alone in my room while dad had it in his lounge. I laid in my bed most of the night in the dark thinking of the last time I saw Dakota, what would it be like when I saw him tomorrow night? I finally drifted off the sleep and had a dreamless night. 

"Hello, princess wake up." I heard off into the distant.  "Wake up."

"What?" I mumbled. 

"You need to get up and get ready we have a long drive today." 

"Ugh....alright." I said, I felt a kiss on my  forehead and the door being closed. 

I sat up and stretched dreading the drive all the way to Pennsylvania. I had to get ready for that dinner and sit in a car for 5 hours. I curled my long wavy blonde hair and put on some light sparkle make up and lip gloss, then I dressed in my new summer dress and sandals. It took me a good hour to get ready. I walked down the stairs and there dad was in a nice button up and jeans. "Oh darling you might wanna pack some clothes with you."

"Why?" I felt a sudden panick.

"Well you might wanna change cause I want you to feel comfortable." He was hiding something.

"Hm okay?" I walked back up and packed a couple outfits. I went to the kitchen grabbed a chocolate muffin and walked out to the truck. I put my stuff in and waited in the passenger seat. Dad hoped into the truck and we were off. I lasted 2 hours before I fell asleep. 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Thank you for reading! 

Please Comment or Like! 

Chapter 2 will be coming soon :)