Chapter Five

••• Alex Carter •••

She was lying. Her mouth always quirked to the left when she lied, turns out some things never change. I was the only one that could ever sense it though, guess it's a mate thing. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, why would she lie? I mentally shook the thought away, I didn't care where she went or what she did those past years I told myself. I was lying.

''Come back to bed baby'' Tammy purred, jeez since when did she start sounding desperate?  

Since our mate came back my wolf answered. I rolled my eyes at him.
Go see her he encouraged, I scowled and leapt back on the bed kissing Tammy roughly trying to make my wolf shut up.
She's not our mate he growled at me, like my parents, he also hated Tammy.
I don't care I snapped at him before going another round in bed with the girl.

I got up and walked into the shower without another word, last night after Colette made her big speech she ran up to her room and nobody had seen her since. I stood out of the shower and got dressed into a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, I grabbed my back pack and ushered Tammy out the door. We climbed into my car and drove off to school. She slipped her hand in mine and we walked to class. Everyone was sat at there seat waiting for Mr. Clark to arrive, I looked over to Colette's desk and saw her talking quietly with the human, Hannah.

Tammy and I sat down in our seats and I leaned my chair back against the wall and looked over to Colette. She gently pushed a lock of black hair away from her face, her eyes red, she looked like she'd been crying. I clenched my fists at the thought but stopped as soon as I realised what I was doing. Mr. Clark rushed into the room and the class quietened down.

''Er right, well there's been a change of plan. I have been called to a meeting that I can't get out of so you'll be doing gym class instead'' He said flustered. There were some curses from the humans but never the less we all got up and made our way to gym. Colette walked out of the class with Tammy and I following behind. We got to gym and she stopped to talk to the teacher.

''I'm sorry, I didn't know we were having gym today so I don't have my kit'' She said some what relieved, it was obvious she didn't want to do anything in the least bit sporty. Tammy picked up on this and smiled sweetly at the two of them, I knew that smile all to well. It was the smile she gave every time she had an evil idea in mind.

''I have a spare tank top and shorts if you want to borrow them Colette'' She said as Colette's face fell. The teacher's face brightened.
''Well that's settled then'' Tammy gave Colette the clothes and walked into the changing room.

I sighed, Colette had changed so much she was unrecognisable. Four years ago, she would of marched down that school hallway like she owned the place, now you'd be lucky if you notice her slip silently by. Some big must of happened but I kept reminding myself, telling me and my wolf the words that I had been repeating since she arrived back.

I don't care. I don't care where she's been, or who she's been with. I really don't care. I can't let myself to fall for her again just for her to leave, not again.

I got dressed and walked into the large gym. Tammy immediately came up, sliding her arms around my waist, I tried my best not to look disgusted. I looked over the room searching for Colette, she hasn't come out yet. I sat down on the floor and Tammy perched herself on my lap, the teacher walked in and started ticking off the names of the pupils that had actually bothered to show up to class.

''Jasmine''
''Here''
''Lucas''
''Here''

It carried on like that for the next few minutes and Colette still wasn't back yet. Where was she, she doesn't usually turn up late for lessons, well not anymore. The teacher frowned and looked at the bottom of the board where all new students names are.