Potty Training (Luke & Asher)

"I can wait. I don't have anything planned tonight." Luke sat on the bathroom floor, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He kept his eyes locked on Asher, determined not to lose this stare down. Ten minutes ago, he'd announced at the dinner table that he needed to use the potty. Ten long minutes but now he refused to actually go. In any other situation, Luke wouldn't have forced him to sit and stay. But Luke was trying to teach him how to stick to what he says and not change his mind so much if something intimidated him. Asher want to use the big potty, so he was going to use the big potty. 

Luke sat with his back pressed against the door way and his feet resting on the other side. He was trying to look like he was completely at ease, but really he was just blocking the entrance in case Asher tried to make a run for it. 

"I got all night, mate." Luke glanced up from his phone to see Asher narrowing his eyes. 

"I don't have to go anymore" He said, crossing his arms and sticking out his lower lip. Sometimes, he seemed to forget that pouting never worked on Luke. 

"That's false." Luke was just as stubborn as his kidHe'd sit there as long as he needed to. 

Asher waited a moment, watching Luke type something out. "Okay, I went!" he started to slide off the seat.

"No you didn't. Stay." With a scowl, Asher sat still. "The sooner you really go the sooner you can leave."

"I told you that I don't have to go anymore" Asher said, letting his voice get whiny on the last word. Luke gave him a disbelieving look. 

"Yeah? Why not?"

"The poop went away!" Asher announced just as Calum stopped in the doorway. The two guys shared a look that said it all. He'd used this excuse before. 

"Poop doesn't just disappear, Asher" Calum told him, trying not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. Never in a million years did he think he'd be arguing with a two year old about poop. But this wasn't even teh first time. He looked down at Luke. "I'm leaving. I'll lock the front door."

"Thanks, leave me with the kid" Luke muttered, shooting him a glare. 

"What's the worst that could happen? He actually does have disappearing poop?" Calum sent Asher a small wave. "Night, kid."

"Take me with you!" Asher yelled at his retreating back. He stared down at his dad and sighed. 

"All night" Luke sang-songed, turning back to his phone.