I Win.

Chapter 20

Normal? Act normal! Miranda was a hand full. I really didn't understand how she expected me to act normal. There was no way. No way in hell that Nathalie Sophia Grayson was in love with me. She never hinted it. She never looked at me in that way she looks and talks about that guy from that boy band. The Direction? No that is not there name. What is there name? Whatever. She couldn't be in love with me. Could she?

"Sam!" 

I jump when my named is being yelled. "Huh?" I look up and Nathalie is staring at me with those eyes! Beautiful eyes. Stop Sam!

"Something is wrong." I watch as Nathalie comes and sit closer to me. "What is it?"

"Nothing."

Nathalie chews on her bottom lip and says her voice low. "I know we are not as close as before but I thought you still wouldn't lie to me Sam." I hated when she looked like that. It was like an adorable puppy staring up at me. But I couldn't spill. Miranda would gut me alive and sorry to say but I would rather deal with sad Nathalie than the sexy beast upstairs. I put on my big smile and pull Nathalie face towards me. "Just a talk I had with your mother. You know how difficult she can be."

Nathalie pouts."I thought you two would be doing things by now."

I laugh and Nathalie blushes. 

"Well you know your mother." I kiss Nathalie forehead. "She loves to build unwanted confusion."

"Well you love her."

I nod my head and then changes the conversation. "I think it is best to give her some space." I pull her arm. "So you and I should go out."

Nathalie eyes light up. "Just us two?" She asks innocently in that low and adorable voice. God. She was too much sometimes. I laugh again. "Yes, just you and I. Go put on some clothes."

Nathalie rushes up the steps and Austin comes and sit next to me. He gives me that look and I roll my eyes standing up and going into the kitchen. "Miranda is getting married soon and you're taking Nathalie out? Hmm." Austin leans on the counter and gives me that questioning look. 

"I'm giving her space." I grab the apple juice out the fridge and begins to gulp it down. 

Austin shrugs and then says, "Ok. Paul and I may go to Central Park."

"Yeah sure."

Nathalie comes back into the kitchen. She was wearing a long white blouse with a leather jacket over it, jeans, and her Chanel riding boots. I take her in and then myself. I was wearing jeans and a basic button up. Nathalie hands me one of her expensive jackets and puts in on me. I gulp and stare at her as she zips it and then put a scarf around me. "We do not need you getting sick." I swallow thickly and nod my head slowly. Nathalie grins and in that moment because I have bad luck Miranda walks into the kitchen. She eyes me and I can see the sadness behind her eyelids. See! Why would you push me away and then give me that look. I can't take this!

Miranda begins to fix something to drink and I watch her closely. I then turn back to Nathalie who is chewing on her bottom lip and looking between us. "Let's go." I smile. Nathalie nods her head. Miranda voice stops the both of us. "Be careful sweetie." She kisses Nathalie on the forehead and walks away like everything is perfect. Miranda wants everything to go back to normal but could it?

Nathalie and I jump into the Mercedes and the driver takes off. Nathalie and I begin to talk about everything and when the car comes to a stop we both get out and goes into the restaurant.