Chapter Fifty Three

--------------------------------------

Dedication: Super_sejla for the banner! Thank you so much for it. <3

--------------------------------------------

Mr. Harlon's penetrating gaze bore right through my eyes and I swear into the back of my skull. I gulped under the pressuring stare. I shifted nervously, folding my right leg over my left and placing my entwined hands over my lap.

"So." his voice began. He sounded overly calm and collected. He leaned forward, resting his lower arms onto his desk and flicking his eyes over to Britney, who was still as pale as a ghost. I think she was still shaken up from the traumatic event. Well, it would have been traumatic if more had happened. "Who's going to be the first to speak?"

I turned my head to look at Britney fully. She looked over at me, her eyes pleading for me to take over. With a small sigh, I shrugged. "I guess that would be me."

"Ms. Ross, is it?" he asked, cocking his head to the side, his eyes examining me. "I don't believe we've had a run in before."

"I don't believe so." I replied, trying not to fidget. "Well, I was on my way to the pool, to watch the relay team practice, when I heard these voices."

"Go on." he urged.

"I could hear Britney asking... begging someone to stop, so I went and checked if she was alright." I explained, trying not to ramble. When I got nervous, I spoke at a ridiculous speed and no one had any idea what I was saying. You don't even want to hear about the comment I got from my Health speech. "I then saw Daniel forcing himself onto her. I went and grabbed something weapon like, just in case I needed to defend myself. After that, I returned and asked him to stop."

"How did Daniel respond to this?"

"Er- not well, I suppose." I said, scratching my forehead awkwardly. "He sort of told me to go away and resumed what he was doing."

"So you beat him over the head with a plank of wood." he stated. It wasn't exactly a question, but I nodded affirmative anyway.

"Yup."

"Aren't you step-sister to Daniel?" he asked, directing this question at Britney. I saw her flinch at the mention of them being half related. Now this was awkward. I had to bite my tongue in order blurting out that they were apparently 'in love'.

"Well, not technically anymore." she murmured so quietly that I didn't hear her. I looked at Principle Harlon and I believe he also struggled hearing her.

"Pardon?" he asked.

She repeated the sentence a little louder and he rolled his tongue across his teeth. He made a movement with his hand to continue. The way he was acting it was as though he was impatient and just wanted to get this over with. I refrained from pursing my lips at him.

"My dad broke up with his mum, so technically we're not."

Principle Harlon and I exchanged a brief glance. In my opinion, I would assume they still are but any who. I shall not put my two cents in. (Although I do think he agrees with me on this one). I was unsure on whether to bring up the fact that Daniel had done this once before. I'm not sure if that would cause more trouble or not.

As if reading my mind, Britney blurted; "He's done it before."

I sighed. Guess I didn't have much of a choice now. I bit my lip, unsure of how much to say. He's done so much to me, that it's hard to not lay it all out in the open. I never was that great at keeping secrets.