I Won't Bite. Or Will I?

Dark. Everything was dark. I couldn't see a thing, but I could hear noices. Strange noices. Not human. I heard something breathing, and hiss. My heart was pounding, and my breath quickened. 

I felt something past me in a fast movement. I felt the air brush against my body. I heard the breathing again. And it wasn't from me. I felt precences behind me. I quickly turned around, but saw nothing. It was pitch black. 

I started running. I didn't know what I was running to, or from what, but I ran. I could almost hear my heart pounding. 

I heard the hissing again, and then felt wind brush against me again. Then I ran into something, and fell on my back. I looked up, hoping to see something, but no luck. I felt something breath on my, and then my neck. And then I felt a horrible pain in my neck. I screamed out in pain.

I jerked up from my bed. I had sweat stuck on my forehead and cheeks. My breath quickened, just as it had in my nightmare that I dream every night. It doesn't make any sence. What was that pain? What was that thing that was breathing on me, and chasing me? I have no way to find out the answers. 

I whipped the beady sweat off my face, and took the covers off my body and sat up. I glanced at my clock on my dresser and it said that it was 10:07AM. I sighed, and got up from my bed, stretching, and groaning.

I took a quick shower and changed into some skinny jeans and a purple flowy tank top, and braided my hair. 

"Morning mom." I muttered, as I walked into the living room and saw her sitting down on the couch and watching TV. 

"Hey, hun. Hey, could you please sit down? We have to talk." She said, as she turned off theTV.

I nodded, and sat down beside her and turned so I was facing right at her. 

"What is it?" 

"Well, your Dad called, and he wants you to go down and visit and stay for the year." She muttered, slightly smiling. 

I havn't seen my Dad in about 5 years. Him and my Mom have been divorces about 10 years, and I used to go see him every other year, but it suddenly changed. We will never know why. I thought for a moment, before giving a truely answer. 

I sighed, "Okay. When?" 

"Tomorrow. He wants you to be there tomorrow, and he would pick you up at the airport." 

Tomorrow? Thats kind of sudden. Maybe a little too sudden? 

"Might as well go ahead and start packing..." I muttered. She lightly smiled and nodded.

I rolled my eyes and trailed upstaris back into my room, and grabbed my suitecase from under my bed, and a duffle bag from my closet, and then starteded stuffing random clothes and shoes into them. 

About an hour and a half later, I finally finished packing. It was almost 11:00AM by the time I was done. Me and my mom spent the the rest of the day together, and went out to town and ate and went shopping a little for school. I was really going to miss my mom. Me and my dad arn't really close, being that we havn't seen each other in over 5 years. It's going to be different without her, and with him insted. I'd be going to a new school there, and would have to meet new friends, which hard for me. I've never really been good at making friends, and holding a conversation. But I'm working on it. 

The next morning, my mom woke me up at 6:00AM, and already had put my bags in the car. I didn't bother changing clothes. I was wearing my sweats, and sweatshirt, and I grabbed my boots, and just put my hair in a messy bun. I didn't really care how I looked. Comfort is all I'm going for now.