IJLA 20 - Marital Redemption

Ken had a mini heart attack that morning when he reached out to Ahn and didn't find her there. Napabalikwas siya ng bangon. Nawala agad ang antok nya. His first instinct was to look for her downstairs. And if she's not there, he might just run around in panic.

Luckily, she's just in the kitchen, cooking. As if that's not treat enough, she's cooking with just his shirt on. She may not have realized how sexy that was yet. Ahn's dense that way.

When he embraced her, he found it hard to let go. And one thing lead to another. He asked for a proper honeymoon. The first one was blah. Nothing really happened. They were very cold towards each other. Kung hindi pa sila mapapaligiran ng ibang tao, hindi pa sila aarteng parang normal na mag-asawa.

"I'll think about it." That's what she told him. For how long, she didn't say.

--

It took Ken a lot of convincing to leave her alone for a few minutes just so she could get ready for work. Gusto pa nitong mag-day off para magkasama sila maghapon. She liked the idea very much, but it was also scary. Pati na rin ang concept ng honeymoon. A week of just being together. Just the thought of it made her throat dry.

She was wearing her usual day blouse and a pair of black pants, but something felt different today. She wasn't the only one who noticed. Ilang officemates din ang nagsabi sa kanya na blooming daw siya.

Taking it as a good sign, she decided to surprise Ken later that day. Nagpasama siya sa isa niyang officemate sa pagbili ng dress after work.

"Ano'ng meron?" tanong ni Robelyn sa kanya.

"Wala lang," kaswal niyang sagot.

Maybe it's because she's feeling confident about herself and with her relationship with Ken. Gusto niyang magpaganda para rito.

Robelyn led her to a few boutiques and presented her with 3 dresses on each.

"Bumili ka ng isa per boutique. Investment na rin. Dapat nagsasanay ka ng magsuot ng dress."

Pumayag sya since kasi-sweldo lang naman nila. They went to five boutiques and she got one dress from each store. Una nitong ipinabili sa kanya ang isang black dress na a few inches above the knee ang hemline. Simpleng spaghetti strap with a sweetheart neckline ang bodice, tapos lacy A-line naman ang skirt. Dapat daw ay may black dress siya sa bahay. It's a closet staple.

Her mom used to tell her that, but since there's no need to wear one, she didn't bother.

Bumili rin siya ng black and white structured dress na body hugging pero strict and formal looking, isang flowery dress, neon yellow assymetrical dress at isang long gown na hindi niya alam kung saan niya gagamitin.

"Ang dami naman," reklamo niya. Halos malagas ang kalahati ng sweldo niya dahil sa mga damit.

"Kokonti pa nga 'yan e," sabi nito sa kanya. "Dapat kalahati ng closet mo, puro dress."

Napangiwi siya. "Mas kumportableng mag-pants."

"Mag-dress ka palagi para masanay ka. Saka I'm sure na mas prefer ng asawa mong naka-dress ka."

Rob gave her a knowing look, which made her blush.

Bago sila umuwi ay pinagpalit siya nito ng damit. Rob made her wear the black dress, which she found too revealing. Pero yun lang ang masusuot niya. The yellow dress was too loud. The black and white dress was too formal. The flowery dress was too daytime and the last one's too... party-ish.

"Bumili rin kaya ako ng cardigan?"

"Huwag na. Okay naman na 'yan e."

Gusto niyang takpan ang dibdib. The neckline was too low for her.