Chapter 23.

There was the silence that followed the loud piercing bang of the gun being fired, and the gasp of breath as it hit it's target. The ringing in my ears slowly died down and I opened my eyes to look around, though my eyes suddenly snapped back to the blonde I was holding in my arms. 

Then, it was like it all sped up again. 

I had Keeley in my arms, my back facing Luke as I had tried to shield her, though it had been useless. Keeley slowly looked up till her gaze met mine and her hand went to her stomach, she started to sway in my arms. Her face slowly contorted in pain, then she fell.

"No, no... no, no, no, no, no, no," I whispered forcefully in panic as my stomach clenched into a knot. I cradled her fall, tears quickly formed and spilled over my face as I looked down at her. My arms were barely even able to hold her up. "Keeley," My voice was urgent, trying to keep her focusing on me. "Come on, come on Keeley." My voice started to get horse, my throat tightening up to the point I felt like I couldn't breath. "No!" I cried out.

"Garr..." She whispered in a soft yet scratchy voice.

"Keeley, keep your eyes open ...please." I begged, my hands moving to her lower stomach and back. I felt around the warm wetness of the blood soaked cotton and felt where the bullet hit her, confirming my fear. The bullet had not only hit her, but it went straight through her. "Shh, your going to be okay," I whispered, cradling her head in my lap.

"Garr... " She said my name again hoarsely, a sad smile on her face before she had to squeeze her eyes shut in pain, her breaths started to get jagged and heavy.

That was it for me, I’ve had it. 

I whipped my head up to him and gave the most menacing and hate filled glare I could rally, my fist wanting so bad to connect with any part of him that would cause pain. Luke didn't even seem fazed one bit though, instead he smirked down at me, slowly tucking the gun back into his pocket. 

I carefully set Keeley's head down on the ground and stood up, my fist clenched and shaking with anger and my jaw hurting from how hard I was gritting my teeth. All I saw at the moment was red.

"You Bastard!" I yelled.

"Ouch?" was Luke's sarcastic response as he looked at me with raised eyebrows and shrugged shoulders.

"You're dead." I whispered, my tone unforgiving as I slowly took a step in his direction. I didn't even care that there were wet streaks running doesn't my face or that my eyes were red, I didn't even care about how painful it was to be standing at the moment. I didn't care that he had hurt me, I had been hurt plenty of times to not care about that any more. All I cared about was getting retribution for Keeley and Alex, they are who what mattered.

"No, I'm actually going to walk away." Luke said in a boastful tone. "I don't even have to deal with you anymore.”

"You're not walking away from here." I told him firmly as I moved forward some more. "You're either leaving in an ambulance, or in the back of a police car. But there is no way I'm letting you walk away after what you've done, Not even you, Luke.” 

"You can't lay a hand on me." He smirked.

I chuckled darkly and took another step towards him, my fist ready to swing at any moment. Then I felt movement behind me, a hand reaching towards me. I quickly ducked out of the way with a spin and grabbed the guy's wrist. I didn't have the strength in me to flip him, but I was able to swing him around and hold his arm at a very painful angle till I heard it snap out of socket. I didn't even flinched when the guy cried out and fell to the ground, cradling his arm in pain.