Chapter 2: "How and Why I Ended Up Here in This Nut House!"

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2: "How and Why I Ended Up Here in This Nut House!"

~*~*~*~*~

Jacob's |P|oint |O|f |V|iew

That's exactly how I ended up here, in a mental facility, dressed in all white scrubs, because of my lack of self-control. They think I'm insane, but I'm really not, just angry.

The good thing about being here is that I did get time off my sentence for being "mentally insane." 

The food and treatment here isn't too bad, either.

"Jacob, it's time for breakfast." 

I looked away from the window and to Janice; she was the nurse that was assigned to me and to take care of me while I'm in here. She actually wasn't too bad to look at every day, easy on the eyes I would say. I nod and she came behind me and helped me up and over to my wheel chair.

...Did I forget to mention that?

Unfortunately, after that car crash, I became paralyzed as a result from the waist down. The doctor tells me there is a chance I would be able to walk again, but it's a very low possibility that I could.

But, I bet most of you are much more curious about how and why I ended up here in this nut house in the first place. Well, I'd finally acted on my desires. I killed someone, three days after the crash, while I was still hospitalized for my wounds.

It was after I'd been told that I would never be able to walk again. To this day, I feel that news was probably what set me off after barely registering that all of my friends and the love of my life was dead hearing such life changing news so soon when I was already not in a great head space was a recipe for disaster. It resulted in a psychotic break.

~*~

I wheeled myself out of my room, still very much adverse to my condition, to another near mine where I heard giggles coming from. I followed the noise, wheeling my way to the sound, where I discovered a little girl — with curly brown hair and big brown eyes.

I glanced around at my surroundings to make sure the coast was clear and that no doctors or nurses were near. 

An abundance of balloons, teddy bears and get well cards filled the room. I smiled sly and surveyed my surroundings yet again before I wheeled my way in.

The little girl looked to be around the ages of five or six, clutching a cabbage patch doll to her side. 

I smirked and she looked over at me and smiled brightly.

"Hello little girl," I say, in an admittedly creepy voice as I wheeled my way further into the room, making sure to shut the door behind me.

"Hi ya! I'm Sophie!" The little girl pipes up and waved her little hand at me as she proceeds to play with her doll. 

I smirked; a feeling of dark excitement filling my belly at the sight of this little girl. Truly, this was going to be a piece of cake. 

"Hi Sophie, my name is Jacob. Why are you in here all by yourself?" 

"My mommy went home to get me some fresh clothes and daddy... I don't have a daddy..." The little girl looks down, as if she was ashamed by that revelation.