Chapter 34 Fin

Chapter 34

Epilogue

Two weeks later….

Ariana was nervous. Today was a big day and she wasn’t quite sure how to handle it. It was a refreshing feeling from the others she had gotten used to like hate and doom. Today was she was nervous and happy.

The last two weeks had been hectic with the take down of Hal Ellis and getting back into the groove of her past life. Several times she had asked Marc for answers on what exactly he did to Hal but every time he’d smile and dodge her attempts. Deep down she understood why he took on the burden death carried and refused to reveal the details. Killing in the middle of a hectic battle wasn’t the same as up close and personal as you watched the life drain from your enemy’s eyes. Deserving of it or not death was a burden and he chose to carry it for her.

Being with Jax was easy, every moment they spent together felt like it was meant to be but hurting Marc wasn’t easy at all and every day she wished there was something she could do. Ariana firmly believed Marc’s right mate was out there waiting to be found and now she just had to figure out how to get them together.

The situation was a mess, she remembered thinking that when she first started remembering and still felt that way now. To be the true mate to the uncle but madly in love with the nephew it was down right crazy, messy, and a little slutty as she thought back on it. Sometimes it was easier to accept the pretty packing of a human but the truth of the matter was at the core of their souls they were animals and that came with animalistic tendencies. They weren’t supposed to be ruled by emotions such as love and guilt but drive and need. The life of an animal was simple and clean cut. Sadly it wasn’t the same for humans.

Fate could be too cruel.

Even messy it all still played out the way it was supposed too. She believed it and more than that she needed to accept it. She missed two years with her family, the man she loves and her child but on the other hand without that those years of hell she never would’ve gotten Kid.

Fate while cruel was meant to be.

The very same day after Hal and Bradley stopped being a problem in their lives Ariana went home to see her mother and sister. Mary Jane had passed out thankfully over the couch while Julie went wide eyed and speechless. Mitch had some questions that Jax offered to fill in.

“Oh my god.” Julie gasped as they stood alone. “How c-ca-can this be?” she stuttered as tears filled her brown eyes.

Ariana stepped forward and embraced the young girl into a tight hug. It felt right to do so and she was trying to stop second guessing and follow her heart. Her brain was still iffy with a lot of memories but her heart knew this people and missed them. “It’s a long story and I’ll tell you everything after mom gets up and can hear it too but I’m here and I’m never going anywhere again.”

“I missed you so much.”

Mary Jane groaned slightly as she opened her eyes. “Is this real?”

“Very.” Julie said with a laugh.

Mary Jane’s tears ran free down her cheeks as she stared at her daughter they had al believed was lost for good. “Jax and Marc told me everything about who Hal was and what he did to you. I’m so sorry.”

“There was no way you could’ve known. I trusted him too and he let us see what he wanted. It’s over now and I don’t want to focus on the bad anymore.” It wasn’t going to be easy to erase the impact Hal left on their lives bur she wanted to try, she wanted to wake up one morning and forget all about the antagonist.