Short Story Collection.

Author's Note: I wrote it in 7th grade. I know it's not that amazing.

My eyes were staring directly at something, but they were icy blue, not my normal hazel. It was like I was frozen, not my body at all, but instead, my heart seemed frozen.

" Snap out of it, Topaz! "

" Sorry Sage! You know what happens when I get too distracted. "

" I know, I know. "

I have paranormal visions sometimes, and not figuring them out sometimes could mean death. It could be me, or even someone else. Maybe we didn't physically die, but something would die. Sage usually can help me, but with Valentine's Day coming up, she was trying to find a date before the upcoming dance. Who's going to help me now? I thought silently to myself as Sage ran to class, her long blonde hair flowing behind her.

" Oh no! I'm going to be late! "

I started to run to my class, but then my books toppled over and fell in front of my brand new neon Converse High-Tops.

" Crap! "

Ding! Ding! Ding!

When I walked into my 2nd bell class, I heard the usual mumbling among everyone.

" Hi Myriah! "

" Hi Topaz! "

Myriah had been on vacation for quite a while. She was lucky! She got to go to Hawaii & could skip school for it!

" Did you love Hawaii? "

" Yes! It was amazin'! "

As soon as I sat down, the teacher told us to sit down.

" Ok class. Today we are going to be passing back papers. "

Mrs. Smith started to leisurely walk around the room. Her bright red heels clicked across the dirty tile of the classroom floors as she passed back papers.

" Topaz you got a 49. "

" What?!?! "

" Oh I'm terribly sorry. I got the wrong person. "

Phew! I actually ended up getting an 100. I started to smile because I wasn't really that great at math. I guess that this test was easy however, because there were eighteen more 100's. Then she kept passing back papers. I also got an 82, 79, 90, 65, 92, and an 85.

" Ok class, your homework is- " Ding! Ding! Ding! " - Never mind. "

By lunch time I was well worn out. It was dodgeball day in gym, and I got aimed at a lot. No one seemed to like me that much in my gym class. Some of them actually hated me. I still needed to figure out what the vision meant though.

" Topaz! Guess what! "

" What Sage? "

" Anthony likes me! "

Anthony usually never liked any one. He was really hot though. However, rumor was that he is really a jerk to any girls.

" He's coming over to my house to tonight to play video games and meet my parents! "

" That's great for you! "

The usual chat at our table had started by the time I sat down.

" Are you going to the dance on Friday Myriah? "

" I guess I will. Are you going? "

" Of course! "

This dance was the Winter Freeze Dance. You were supposed to dress in White and light Blue, although nobody ever would dare to. I walked up to the table, more like a lemonade stand, to buy my ticket. I handed over the money and signed my name on the half filled piece of notebook paper, then walked quietly over to our table. Is Winter Freeze part of the vision?

For once it was actually nice outside, although it was only February. So after lunch I decided to go outside for a walk.

" Topaz! Can you come over here real quick? "

" Ughh, fine Anthony. "

" I actually don't really like Sage that much. "

" Well I don't really like you at all, and I'm going to tell Sage. "

I guessed this was another clue to the vision somehow. Hmm, looks like I have another clue to the vision. I walked slowly the rest of the time, trying to figure out the vision again.

The whistle blew, signaling everyone that it was time to line up and go back into the dull school. Should I tell Sage? I whispered to myself.

By the time I decided in the middle of sixth bell, it was already too late. I was going to tell her, but I didn't know when.

" Hey Josh! "

" Hey Topaz! "

" I'm so stressed out right now. "

" Well you know I'm always here to listen. "

" Thank you so much for that. "

That put a huge smile on my face. He was one of the two guys I even talked to in school. He was the only one who knew me. I actually liked him a lot, and besides that he was a great friend as well. Ding! Ding! Ding!

I walked out of class, not quite wanting to leave out of sixth bell orchestra yet.

I walked into seventh bell, not wanting to be in this horrid school, more like a prison.

" Hey Mrs. Green, may I use the restroom? "

" Okay, but hurry back. "

I walked out of class, my sparkly purse high on my shoulder. I speed walked to the restroom, and I hurried to put on my lip gloss and eyeshadow. I took a long drink of cool water and ran back to class.The dismissal bell rang, and everyone else ran out of class. Then I grabbed my viola from the orchestra closet.

I started thinking about the vision when I got home. Okay, Winter Freeze Dance could be why my eyes were an icy blue. Now what exactly was I staring at? Anthony breaking up with Sage? I wrote those ideaa down in my diary and headed to the phone. I dialed up Sage's number.

" Hello? "

" Hi Sage, it's Topaz. "

" Oh what's up? "

" Listen. Anthony doesn't- "

" - Sorry Anthony's here. Got to go! "

" Wait! "

" What? "

" Anthony doesn't like you! "

Click!

I had finally figured out the vision. Anthony was going to break up with Sage at the Winter Freeze dance and I was going to be watching it. I told Sage about the vision. Obviously she wasn't happy about it though. I cheered her up though.

I walked over to Josh, nervous as could be. I was going to ask him out to the dance!

" Hey Topaz! "

" Hey Josh! "

" Topaz, I have to ask you something. "

" Okay. "

" Will you go to the dance with me? "

" YES! "

The teachers passed out the dance tickets at the end of 7th bell. I walked down with Josh. After the first song played, " The Only Exception" by Paramore came on.

" Want to dance? "

" Sure. "

At the same time, we both said, " I love you."

Then we danced, not caring about what anyone else thought of us.