Chapter 8. Love Hate

Revenge. That has been on my mind since I saw my father get stabbed that day in the villa. I have wanted for nothing more than to kill the one who ended my parent's life and to show Talia's family no mercy for stripping me of everything.

But sometimes we lose sight of things, especially when what we want most in the world is dangled right in front of us. That was the case today. In that moment when my lips were locked with Talia inside my bedroom and she was slowly peeling away my clothing, revenge was far from my mind. All I wanted to do was to make love to her and feel her beneath me. A girl could dream right?

"You're so sexy," she murmured as she took my top off and let it fall on the floor. I kissed her neck and smiled inwardly as she made that small gasping sound and dug her fingernails on my arms.

Like a hungry wolf who wanted to devour her victim, I quickly stripped her of her clothing until there was nothing between us but her sexy blue lingerie. I have always loved a woman's body and it lay sprawled underneath me in this very moment. Only a fool would not claim that.

"Let's take off these pants shall we?" she murmured. I let her unbutton my jeans and helped her remove it from me. She ran her tongue sensuously from my neck, down to my navel, making me bite my lower lip and stare at her with lust.

She began to tug my underwear down when she paused and said, "I didn't know you had a tattoo." Her words made me feel like someone poured a bucket of ice over my head. I quickly turned my attention to the tattoo near my hipbone and silently cursed myself for letting my hormones get the better of me. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN, the tattoo said. It was a reminder that I was to hate Talia and her family killed mine.

When I turned back to my companion, she was no longer the girl I was hoping for but another woman whom I nearly fucked into submission. "I'm sorry Brooke," I said with a hint of guilt. "I can't."

She had a confused look in her face but I immediately turned away. It was very messed up and I had only myself to blame. I couldn't let her get involved with me. I was in love with another woman. Yet that woman was the source of my agony.

Brooke scooted near me and made a move to embrace my body, but I stood up from the bed and left her hanging. "Is it because of another woman?" she asked with a raspy voice. I glanced back at her. "Yes. . . But it's not only that Brooke. Something is wrong with me."

"You mean aside from not wanting this perfection?" she asked while pointing to herself. That made me smile a little. She had a sense of humor. But she also had a point. She was very tempting at the moment, clad in that skimpy blue lace underwear which shows off her cleavage and toned body. Something must be clearly wrong with me if I didn't want that.

I took a deep breath and sat beside her on the bed. I didn't mind that I was nearly naked at all. At least I could give her that. "You're very sexy Brooke," I said while meeting her eyes. "Anyone would want to do it with you."

"But you don't," she said with a frown.

"I don't have time for love," I replied truthfully. "If you only want to have sex, I can give you that. But I know that sooner or later you're going to fall for me and I can't let that happen."

"You're very confident aren't you?" she smirked.

"I was raised that way." Both by my adoptive and dead parents, I thought darkly. "I'm a messed up person inside Brooke. There's only darkness in my mind and if you make the mistake of falling in love with me, you'll be broken too. Love is not something I can afford. Not until I attain my goals."

"And what exactly is your goal?" she asked.

I decided to test her. "I want to kidnap a princess," I said seriously.