Chapter Nineteen

•Claire's POV•

" I'm really sorry." I told Mia while putting my bag on my back.

" It's fine, it wasn't your fault. I mean you weren't handing cups of moonshine out." She said lifting her head up from the bucket she had on her lap.

" Thank god I didn't stay at home. My mom would kill me if she knew I had been drinking, nineteen or not. I'm not of age." She rolled her eyes before gagging again.

" Don't worry I'll stay with her for the day." Nathan said rubbing Mia's back and she gave him a weak smile.

" Okay I'm heading off to school. My class starts in a couple of hours." I said checking to make sure I had all of my guy clothes were in my bag.

" Bye Claire-bear."

" Bye Claire." We all bid our goodbyes before I left the hotel room. While taking the elevator down I checked my phone and I frowned looking at the date that read, Sunday, October 5th. Is it really October already? Thanksgiving break would be coming up soon. I started to unzip my brown leather jacket a little bit letting my white shirt and tie show. I decided yesterday morning that I was going to try to apply to the university next door. Johnston University for Girls. I called early yesterday and made an appointment with the dean.

Yes it's last minute, but that would be the only way I could get in since it's already past the first semester. Most colleges won't let me in and I didn't really apply anywhere besides my love which we shall not speak of. I needed to have a back up plan for when this was all over.

" Something wrong?" A voice said suddenly making me jump. I looked up quickly and I shook my head at the man.

"No, I'm fine." I say leaving my jacket zipped up a little and gave the man a wry smile.

" What's your name?" He asked suddenly and I narrowed my eyes at the man.

" Claire Martez." I say after a moment and he smiled brightly holding out his hand for me to shake.

" I'm Jack Fredrick," He said releasing my hand. Why does that name sound so familiar. The elevator beeped and we both got off into the lobby.

" By any chance do you happen to be Daniel Martez's daughter?" My head snapped up looking over at the males figure.

" Yes." I responded pausing.

"I use to be the dean at the school where he works at.," Staying calm I say," Oh it's nice to meet you."

" I don't mean to be so creepy it's just you two look similar that's all." I nodded my head and flashed him a fake smile. My dad and I look almost nothing a like but I didn't comment on it.

" It's nice to meet you." I say shaking his hand and he nodded gripping my hand tightly.

" Yes, it's nice to meet you too." He responded before checking his watch and saying his goodbyes before leaving.

" What were you two talking about?" Caiden's cold, husky voice suddenly said from behind me making me jump.

" What the hell? Why are you still here?" I said holding my hand to my heart, he was gone when I woke up.

" Are you going back to school?"

" I was actually going home." I responded crossing my arms of my chest.

" You're in a school uniform." He pointed out.

" Yes, I am in one. How come you're not?"

" Because my school hasn't gotten their uniforms yet and I don't have class for a while."