04..

Another couple chapters!!!!!! Yay :)

Comment&Vote :)))))

~~

Work was easy today. By the time it was over I had time to get back home, change, eat lunch and head out to Pointer Daycare for this trip. When I got there, it wasn't hard to see how stressed Trisha and her coworkers, Jackie and Kelly, were as they tried to get all the kids in their jackets. It was the second week of September so I guess it was a little chilly out for them.

"Hey.” I said on approach, taking off my sunglasses

"Oh, you're here," Trisha sighed as she helped a girl into her jacket. "I think were almost ready to go. We have the kids split up into three groups of ten for the vans. You're with me, Regina is with Jackie and Wayne Jacobson is with Kelly." Wayne was Bailey's dad. I spoke to him a couple times and he seemed like a cool guy—we joked about how Bailey and Archie were the number one couple at the daycare.

"That's sounds good to me. Need help getting them in the van?"

"Would you mind?"

"No, I'm here to help right?" I chuckled. I helped round up the kids that were supposed to be in our van. It took longer than I thought it would, with a bunch a squirming 'babies' that had a two second attention span. I was proud to say my little buddy Archie was not one of the problem children. He was one of the first to be buckled in (and I tied his shoe, double knotted and tucked the laces in the side). Eventually though, all thirty kids were in their designated van and we were on our way.

"So," Trisha breathed, her eyes focused on the road, "How was your day?"

"Nothing too exciting...well until now."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a business manager for Robert Flander Inc."

"Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that. My uncle is a business manager as well."

"Oh cool."

"I guess, he's a bit of a weirdo." She chuckled.

"Miss Trisha! Nick hit me!" A kid hollered from the back.

I twisted in my seat, giving all of them a stern look. "No hitting." Archie grinned and waved at me. Immediately making me drop the hard-ass act and smirk as I waved back. He's just too cute. I turned back around in my seat. "Do you Jackie and Kelly switch shifts throughout the day or share them?"

"Both actually. Kelly is still a student so she can't be here as much."

"Oh, what's she studying?"

"Something to do with education. She wants to keep teaching little ones."

"Good for her," I nodded.

"How old are you Niall?"

"I'll be twenty-five on Wednesday...why?"

"Oh...I thought you were nineteen! You're so young looking."

I laughed, "Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah, of course."

"How old are you?"

"I'm twenty-seven. What are you doing for your birthday?"

I snorted, "Watching SpongeBob with Archie."

"Yay SpongeBob!" A few kids yelled.

Trisha smiled, "Well that sounds nice. Better than being alone." Something in her voice suggested she might've spent her birthday alone, but I'm not sure.