Chapter 16 - Rumble Under the Dome

~*~*~*~On the Chain~*~*~*~

“You’re not being serious are you?” Said Doctor Ramon staring down the long table at Typhon who sat in the seat of power with his fingers laced together as he looked at the good doctor. He’d just made the announcement that he was going to step down from his seat as Demon Head though he refused to answer the barrage of questions from all the A-class demons who were asking why. Kayos was among those who wanted to know why, even though he was on the plane with Typhon along with Remus and Arianna when he had his vision, he was certain that Typhon meant to send out a massive search for any kind of androids that matched Kayos’ description of what he’d seen. But this, this wasn’t anything close to what he’d expected or wanted to hear. He tried to make a motion to talk to his leader but Typhon made it a point to not look his way while trying to get his attention. “But sir, you can’t just step down like that. The title of Demon Head has always been a life commitment not something you can just walk away from.”

“Do you intend to force me to stay Doctor?” Typhon asked in a voice so cool and calm that it sent a shiver down Kayos’ spine. Typhon still had his fingers laced in front of his face when his black almond shaped eyes slowly turned their gaze on to him. “Kayos has had a vision, a vision of great calamity that he believes starts with my shifting of beliefs toward the humans.”

“That’s folly!” Ramon exclaimed slamming his hands on the table as several other demons voiced their agreement. “Kayos’ ability to foretell the future has always been subject of great debate because unlike the rest of us he cannot do it on command. We cannot act simply based on what he claims to have said. You told us that you’d all just undergone something that drained you all of most of your power, how do we know that this wasn’t some hallucination?”

“If you’d like to switch abilities with me I’d gladly do it, doctor.” Kayos said in a very challenging tone that nearly made Ramon get to his feet before a silver blade flew through the air visible only because of the light that reflected off of it before it buried itself in the steel wall of the Council Chambers. All heads turned to look at the blade shaking in the wall before it vanished into thin air and they all turned to look at Typhon. “That’s enough out of the both of you. If you want to fight each other you can do that after the next Demon Head is chosen.”

Kayos bowed his head apologetically while Ramon slowly took his seat and nodded his head in agreement. “Now, unless anyone else has any idiotic business they wish to bring up the floor is open to nominations.” The room was filled nearly to capacity with A-class demons, and not a single one of them were making a sound and chose merely to just look around at one another. Typhon let out a snarl before he spoke again. “Very well, I nominate Arianna Gaia. Do I have a second?” Kayos looked around at the rest of the demons in attendance and saw that none of them were going to do it so he finally raised his hand to support the nomination. “We have a second, Arianna, do you accept?”

“Typhon I-” She began but with a look from their leader she lowered her head for a moment before speaking out again. “I accept.”

“Are there any other nominations?” Typhon asked looking out among the other demons.

“I nominate Typhon Loustar.” A demon in the far back said and suddenly every other demon in the room shouted their willingness to second the nomination. Then all eyes turned back to Typhon who looked furious by what had just happened, everyone who was supposed to be involved in the choosing of a new Demon Head had just told him that they didn’t want another choosing. He stood up from his seat, his hands coming down so hard that the surface of the table split right where they had landed until the table fell apart right where it stood. Typhon’s eyes shone a white light and the skin on his face rippled as his horns threatened to burst through his skin when another feminine voice spoke up. “I nominate Kayos.”