Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3

The Water District - The Engagement Party

Sebastian lips pressed together when he saw Kimmy wave frantically at him. "You'd think she'd learned after the last time," mumbled Sebastian as he pretended not to see her.

"That's very revealing," mumbled Xara as she gazed at the woman's sheer black outfit.

"It's honestly not the worse I've seen." Sebastian tilted his head toward another of Ruby's friends.  "Have you seen the one in the pink?"

Xara shook her head as she politely pointed toward Kimmy, "She's still trying to get your attention,"

"Why," whined Sebastian, child-like, as his eyebrows knitted together.  He glared at Kimmy but instead of stopping Kimmy turned her device to him. "I'll be right back," he grumbled to Xara.

Sebastian started toward Kimmy but stopped, turned around and pointed at the ground.  "Stay right here Xara."

"Mmm, okay," sighed Xara as she looked longingly toward the waterfall.

Sebastian quickly moved to Kimmy before he grounded out impatiently,  "What?"

"You look very handsome," purred Kimmy as she touched the lapel of his chrome gray suit.  "I could just eat you up."

"Uh huh," scowled Sebastian disgusted.  "If that's all," he turned back toward Xara.

"No," pouted Kimmy as she grabbed for his elbow.  "You didn't bring your device with you, right?" Kimmy licked her bright orange lips, "So you don't know what just happened."

Sebastian shrugged away from her grasp, "Don't touch me."

"Oh," mocked Kimmy with a smile.  "I know something you don't know about your precious little cousin and I'll tell you if -."

"If," asked Sebastian tired of her game.

"If you let me show you the technique I learned from Dion," purred Kimmy.

Sebastian laughed as he turned back to give Kimmy his full attention. "Are you serious," asked Sebastian partially amused. Sebastian rolled his eyes at her while she nodded enthusiastically.  "Not interested," snapped Sebastian as he turned to walk away.

Kimmy's full shiny purple lips turned down and she turned the device to him the headline with Xara's name, "I guess you don't want to know."

"Dion taught you a new technique," asked Sebastian as he paused to stared her up and down.   At her nod he shrugged, "Fine after -."

"Now," smirked Kimmy anxiously. "I already found the perfect spot in the rose maze."

"I swear if the information or your technique is bad I'm going to snap your neck," growled Sebastian in his throat as he followed Kimmy into a grove of roses.

Five minutes or so later.....

Sebastian scowled as he wiped Kimmy's bloods onto the dark gray handkerchief, he quickly but the cloth back in his pocket as his gaze went to where he'd left Xara. 

"Fuck," whispered Sebastian, when he saw she'd left.  He quickly searched the field ignoring the beautiful gold and red leaves and emerald green glass. "Damn Kaelen and his no device rule.   We have to be the only ones here without a handheld."  He looked toward the sound of the waterfall and sighed in relief as he hurried to Xara.

"Where did you get that dress," asked Sebastian as he grabbed Xara's hand.

Xara's other hand plucked absently at a strand of diamonds on the dress, "From Kayla and Ebony."