Chapter 35

A/N: NOT EDITED

Chapter 35 (Chelsea POV)

For as much as Jack thought this was my greatest ability, I wasn’t so sure, it was too draining and I’d be exhausted if I ever had to do this in the long run, every day.

By the time I went to the make shift hospital in my house Sophia was on a bed, asleep, James holding one of her hands while the other was hooked up to her stat machines, that Jack was monitoring with Violet standing near him, while Jamie rested against the wall. On the opposite side from where I entered there where two seat next to each other and I went to sit, followed by Jamie. Before I could do anything and I was not going to be cutting into her, I could feel the waves of worry and uncertainty rolling off of James.

“Relax,” I said as I placed my hands on her back, while Jamie placed one hand on my bare thigh, I felt it, and Jack relaxed when he saw Jamie place his hand there but from where James sat, he saw nothing.

It was strange, Jack relaxed but there was a wave of fulfillment that I believed came from Jamie, I thought back to the walk he and I took after training, he had really been living up to what he said.

I closed my eyes and tuned everyone out, not only was there a crack in Sophia’s spine, I could also detect a slight curve, that took longer to heal, in total two hours, almost three. As I healed I sifted information that I had previously read at Jacks command back in New York.

When I could feel the major problem had been healed removed my hands from her back, lifting the sheet, and slowly running my hands down each leg, “What? Why are you doing that?” James asked. “Sophia is going to be in pain; Chelsea’s making sure that her circulation is at its highest.” Jack answered when I hadn’t.

Thirty minutes later I removed my hands from Sophia completely, taking the smoothie and granola bar that Violet left to get me, when I felt dizziness creeping in.

“Are you done?” James asked, as I said, after swallowing, “Does Sophia have scoliosis?”

James looked at me in surprise, “h-how?”

“Did I know? Well Gabriel said you had it as a child but when you changed it went away, which means genetically speaking she can have it.”

“Still how did you know? How do you know you fixed it?”

“Well I fixed the lower spine problem she had, but then there is something else, where I know it needs to be healed, but I am unable to really heal it,” I clarified to him.

“Thank you Chelsea,” he sighed after thinking it over, “we live among werewolves, I am one, she could be one, I just didn’t want her to feel out of place,” the words whispered. “Don’t get me wrong, she is mine, and I would love her no matter what, but as her parent, there are no opportunities that she could have, that I wouldn’t fight for. Her doctors wouldn’t operate said so many of the vessels or whatever that if they tried to so something they could end up paralyzing her from the neck down, so I should just… you doing this… it’s an opportunity you know? And Avery, her mother, she’d want me to fight for her… I’m happy Gabriel chose you and to get out! When I first joined his father, I did so in anger and they had their shit on point Chelsea…” James started to ramble on, never taking his eyes off of Sophia. My eyes flashed to Jack and back to James as he continued.

“Up until my father was murdered, I thought lawyers, police officers and politicians were all law abiding; stand up individuals. But in the mafia, those we think are there to hold up the law, can be associates,” James eyes flashed to me, just for a second.  

“You look… confused… didn’t Gabriel explain all this to you?” he asked.

“No, not exactly,” I replied.