The beginning

Hello i'm Viola Tinchse Slough. I'm 15 years of age and am going into the 10th grade. This last Summer, I ran away from home and have lived with my cousin for almost an entire year. This year i've decided to head back home to live with my best friend and her family and attend my old school..........

"Do you think anyone will recognize me?" I asked my almost alien reflection.

"Nah, i doubt it." Rayla said coming up behind me. Today she was wearing a black tanktop, a purple jack, light blue jeans and red Converse. Her straightened black hair was hanging down her back with a purple beanie over it. She also had a small lip piercing and two piercings in each ear. She wore a little eye shadow above her hazel eyes.

"Kay, good." I turned to look at her "How do i look?"

"Well different, thats for sure. But all together, sexay!"she said, giving me a smile which i returned. I turned back to the mirror, to stared at the strange reflection which I now must call my own. I was staring at a girl who had dark brown hair with red and purple streaks, very different from my own pale blonde hair. This girl also had three piercings in each ear and had a septum piercing. She had the same green and brownish eyes as I. Her fashion sense was similar to mine; She was wearing a red Harry Potter t-shirt with dark, straight-leg jeans and black Converse. She wore only a bit of eyeliner and mismatched earrings.

"Dang, I hardly recognize myself in this get up" I said looking myself up and down in the full legnth mirror.

"Good. That means that people at school won't recognize you either." Rayla said from the other side of the small room.

"Yeah. So what are we going to be doing today?"

"We're going to meet up with Carrie, Jack, and Marlene."she replied while making the bed that we now shared.

"Okay" I said fairly excited because those were some of my best friends before I had runaway. They didn't know that I was actually their missing friend, Viola Slough. All they knew was that today they were meeting up with Rayla and her friend Chensey who had just moved from Alaska.

We finished getting ready for school then headed downstairs.

"Mom, we're leaving now! We'll be back before dark but if we're not i'll call and let you know."Rayla shouted to her mother, who was out of eyesight.

"Alright, sounds good. Have fun girls!"she shouted back at us. We then walked out the front door, into the lovely weather of this Saturday.