How Not To Fall In Love~ Four

“No sir, well I don’t wanna be the blame, not anymore.  It’s your turn, so take a seat.  We’re settling the final score.”    

                                                     ~That’s What You Get, Paramore

     Four

     That was the last straw. 

     Well, technically, it was the first straw, since this was the first thing he’d actually done, but the last straw, since I wasn’t going to put up with it any further.  It was the first and last straw.

     I hastened across campus towards the dorm building, almost breaking my ankles with every hard stomp.  I couldn’t recall the last time I was this angry.  My arms were shaking and my body felt hot, almost like anything I touched would burst into flames. 

     Sam tripped over herself trying to keep up with my fast pace.  “Alexa, maybe we should stop and think about this.” 

     “I’ve thought about this enough.  Any more time I waste thinking about it is another second for him to try something new.”  I pushed my way through the circle of students, ignoring the yells of the person whose foot I stepped on. 

     Sam reached out to grab my shoulder, but I shook her off.  The frustration was clear in her voice.  “And what do you plan to do?  Don’t you think he’s waiting for you to show up?  You’re just going to knock on his door, and give him a wedgie like you used to?  He probably has some crazy traps prepared.”

     “Nothing can stop a woman’s wrath.”  I replied, heading up the stairs to the second floor.  Unfortunately for him, he was stupid enough to stay on campus.  And one good thing about him being a celebrity was that other girls did the dirty work for me.  I didn’t have to look for him.  It was common knowledge what dorm he stayed in.  In fact, I heard some girls followed him from his classes just so they could sneak in while he was sleeping. 

     I stormed right up to his door, and pounded on the wood with my fist.  “Open up, Marris!  I know you’re in there!  Open up!”

     No answer. 

     “He’s going to be like that, is he?”  I cracked my neck and rolled my shoulders back a couple of times.  Sam’s eyes widened once she realized what I was about to do.  “I’m going to give you three seconds.  If you don’t open this door, then I’m going to open it for you.  One...Two...”

     She grabbed at my wrist.  “Come on, Alexa.  You’re being irrational.  Let’s just take a moment and—”

     “Three!”  I ran towards the door, diverting all my body weight to my left side.  Not even a second later, and I felt my hip and my cheek make contact.  At first, I thought it was the door, until it registered to me that the surface was somewhat soft...and wet.

     Dread coursed through my veins.  I looked up at Nathan, met with a partially amused, partially inquisitive expression. “Well, that’s one way to greet me at the door.”

     Sam mumbled behind me.  “Wow, you’ve gotten...fit.”

     That’s when I noticed why I felt wet.  Nathan was standing at the door, dripping, in nothing but a towel. 

     “Holy crap!”  I flew back, and covered my eyes, my cheeks spontaneously combusting from embarrassment.  “What the heck are you doing answering the clothes with no door on?  I-I mean, the door with no clothes on?!”