Chapter Two

It felt as though she waited hours for his lips to bridge that distance between them, for his lips to meet hers. His eyes darkening, the lids almost completely closed as he scanned them across her face, turned up towards him as she was, like he was the sun itself. 

When they did, he was so soft, like the wings of a butterfly gently caressing her, as though she was a rare treasure, that he needed to last, to savour, until he sucked her bottom lip into his mouth, slowly drawing tiny circles over it with his tongue, as she found herself being pushed gently back against the pillows, and his hands began to move down the front of her body slowly. “See, it feels so much better when I do it. Can you feel it here?” he whispered against her lips as he drew his finger around the areola of her nipple, which was pressing torturously against the friction of lace in her bra.

“Jayden, everything ... it ... I ache” she moaned as he pressed his lips back against her mouth harder than before, taking possession of her, pushing his tongue through the crease of her lips to massage slowly against her own.

“I know. ” she shivered at his words, as he slowly bent down to circle the path that his finger had just taken with his tongue, around, but never touching her where she needed it, and through the layers of lace and cotton that made up her outer clothes. “Your nipples are so hard, like tiny little pebbles, why do you think that is Vittoria?”

She didn’t know, had no idea what to say, or, well, maybe she did, but she couldn’t say it out loud. She knew that much!

At her silence, he pulled away, moving to straddle her body into the aged red leather, and he leaned over her, gently moving both arms above her head as she lay there, bewitched by the intensity in his eyes, “Tell me. Why baby?”

She could feel his erection as it pushed against the front of his jeans, almost hovering above her, where she most ached for him. Her legs clenched together to ward off another tide of longing, another embarrassing wave of dampness. Should that be happening? She had no idea, having never been so close to making love before, and she wanted desperately to hide it from him.

“I can’t Jayden, I can’t say it,” her voice sounded so small, so weak, but she felt so wrong saying it all out loud, having him know what was happening inside her body, when she didn’t even really know herself.

“You can,” his hand slowly moved in between her thighs, cupping her, as he whispered against her breast, ”I can feel it babe, I know exactly what’s happening, you’re clenching your legs because your body wants me between them. I want to hear it. I want to hear you tell me that you want me, and where you want me. I won’t do any of it until you tell me why babe.”

“I want you” she pleaded, as his fingers started to move along the cleft of her body outside of her jeans, and she reached for his mouth, pulling him down for a punishing kiss, suddenly no longer nervous, but working to an age old instinct, running her hands along his arms, feeling the muscles bunch beneath the sleeve of his polo shirt.

Abstractedly, she realised that he must have come straight from work, not caring to shower, or to change, but charging up the narrow country lanes in his sleek, black Mercedes, to be with her. To comfort her when she needed him above anybody as though it were the most natural response in the world.

Glowing with happiness, as he slowly traced a path down her neck with moist kisses, she couldn’t help herself, she couldn’t hold the words inside any longer, and somewhere between a gasp and a moan, she let them go.

“Jayden! I love you! I love you so much. Please.”

But of course, those were not the words for that moment. A bucket of cold water couldn’t have been more effective  as he literally froze above her, hands still touching, but there was no pressure, no arousal, and, once he’d battled his personal demons in a momentary battle, he couldn’t have moved off her body faster if the hounds of hell themselves were snapping at his feet.