Chapter 3: I Shouldn't Be Thinking Like This...

Thanks to Kat, I decided to upload again today. lol =P I wasn't planning on it, but since I'm a couple chapters ahead, I figured why not just this once. =P Hope you all enjoy this chapter. This will be... sort introducing the side conflict. ;)

****************************************************************************************

Diana stared blankly at her ceiling. It was four in the morning and for whatever reason, sleep was escaping her. The girl was restless, though she didn't know why. Ever since she arrived home her mind had been in hyper drive. All she wanted to do was sleep and her mind simply wouldn't let her. And no matter what she did, her thoughts kept drifting back towards one thing, or rather person: Artemis Fowl. For some reason, the girl found herself drawn to him. It wasn't everyday that she found someone who could keep up with her in intellectual conversation, let alone a boy.

Not to mention he's super cute, she thought before mentally slapping herself. Stop it! You have a boyfriend!

Diana shook her head, trying her hardest to shake the Irish boy from her thoughts, but her efforts were futile. Artemis captivated her for some reason. He was intelligent, mysterious, and goal-orientated. She sighed, pulling her pillow closer to her. She closed her eyes, hoping maybe this time she could pass out from sleep-deprivation. Only... every time she closed her eyes all she could see were his sapphire blue ones staring back at her through his lengthy raven hair.

Moments later, she sat up in bed, tossing her pillow aside as she sighed angrily. She was done trying to sleep. Why should she bother? If she was going to be awake, she might as well do something useful with her time. After turning on her light, the girl pulled out her laptop from the foot of her bed, and soon began her work on her latest story. Maybe all of this excitement would be beneficial to her writing.

Before Diana could get too far into her story, her bedroom door burst open, and a younger girl plopped herself down on Diana's bed. "Whatcha doing, Di?" she asked, looking over her Diana's shoulder.

"Nothing Marisa," Diana sighed, unsure why her little sister was still wide awake. "Just trying to write since I can't sleep."

Marisa frowned. "Well why can't you sleep?"

Diana shrugged. Did she dare say why she really thought she couldn't sleep? "I've just been thinking about everything that happened today."

Diana watched as her younger sister's blue eyes stared back at her with a bit of confusion in them. "You guys just went to the museums. Nothing to out of the ordinary there, nor is it that exciting. What could you possibly be thinking about?"

Diana bit her tongue for a moment. "I err... met this guy there."

That was all Marisa needed to hear in order to freak out. "A guy? What do you mean a guy? What happened to Brent? Did you two break up or something?"

The brunette sighed at her sister's outburst. "No, Brent and I are fine... at least for now."

Marisa raised an eyebrow. "So you met this guy there? And?"

Diana debated how she was going to answer the girl's question. "Well... for whatever reason... he's the reason I can't sleep. I know that sounds positively terrible, but I can't. Every time I close my eyes, I see his staring back at me. It's super weird."

"So what's his name then?" Marisa went on with her questioning. "And how did you meet him in the first place?"

Diana took a deep breath. "His name is Artemis Fowl. And... we met while we were at the museum and I just walked up to him, introduced myself, and we just kind of hung out a bit. He's only here for two weeks on a family vacation."