Chapter Twenty Five - Linger

Before you start reading I just have to say a HUGE thank you. I'm at 4000 views now, when I was 1000 less not long ago. Thats amazing! Thank you so much! Well anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter~ 

Why was is so silent? Where was the brash thunder of roars and wails? Or the ear-splitting clatter of loud metal bullets spitting out from the mouths of guns? Or the clashing of metal colliding together in rapid speed, ringing through the air like bells? Katerina listened but… nothing. There was no echo, no whisper or murmur. Nothing. She craned her neck as far as she could, wincing with her lip trembling from the excruciating pain that swallowed her breaking body, and listened intently for any sort of whisper or muffled bang. Nothing. But if indeed there was nothing, then why the hurry? Why be so hectic? The muffled voice on the radio was definitely feverish - even when the voice was crackling like the crunching and rustles of dried leaves - it sounded worried, if not hysterical. But she could scarcely bear the energy to ponder with that. It didn’t matter; Hoyt would be back soon, with a trail of fire following his callous daunting footsteps, and with that horrid malice growing like a roaring flame in his shallow stone eyes. Why had Vaas…. No, she couldn’t. She would not let anything more destroy her...

Katerina’s head bowed down, with her damp knotted hair flowing chaotically over her chest, and brushing against her stomach. Some strands of hair curled like old vines entangled around the trunk of a towering tree, tickling her bare skin and callously poking at the open stitches that bled and burned. The blood gushed from her stomach, slowly, like droplets of warm water splashing from a rusted tap, trickling down her thighs, flooding onto the wooden seat and splashing onto the still concrete floor with a high echo that tremored through the air like the squeals of ice, shattering into thousands of tiny white shards once the ground coldly greeted it. The fine hair on her skin became stiff, pointing into the air like the growing stems of flowers, or the stretching scrawny arms of trees, in which her body then began to tremble, shuddering from the unnatural wicked cold that clung to her with clammy claws. She could feel the blood oozing out of her, seeping from wounds and trickling down her quaking skin, or spattering onto the floor. Ice droplets flecked her jeans, falling from her long black eyelashes that shrouded her stinging eyes - eyes that endured the endless pricking of tears and now began to lose its once beautiful glow - and a fearsome red fluid began to engulf the once untainted fabric that was swathed around her shaking legs. Her chest ached, due to her lungs that couldn’t take in air, and every breath she attempted to draw in, seemed to become trapped in her throat, creating a burn in her chest and triggering her insides to tremor and become tense. A dry cough exploded from her lips. It caused every pain inside of her to tug within her like a malice monster, in which she let slip a whine, with her body jolting in her seat. That was when the sobs started. Erupting from her lips like the ringing cries of an infant, with a shower of tears flooding from her eyes like the gushing natural waters from a grand waterfall. Even when she chewed onto her lip the whines continued, but at least when she did that, they were stifled.

Katerina flinched to the kicking off a door, a loud bang of wood smashing against the wall, making Katerina’s body curl, with her fingers and toes scrunching up into knots. Clenching her teeth, an echo of a small whine slipped through her teeth as she moved her trembling fingers. Her glassy eyes wandered to them, in which she studied her fingertips with her hazy vision, due to the pool of tears that cloaked her pupils. Her vision was like the smoky grey mist that hovers near wet grass on a damp frosty morning in winter, when the sun fails to shine its golden light.

The footsteps startled her. It awakened the fear that dwelt in the pit of her stomach to spread all over her body, scattering its perilous disease across every inch of her, seeping to her wounds so that they would burn, scorching her skin as if it was a splash of poison, or a drop of acid. She bit onto her lip, gnawing onto her rouged flesh so hard that blood spurted from the skin and drowned her tongue. Her body froze like stone, as a restless sensation inundated her mind. All limbs froze, all but her legs, which vigorously shuddered up and down, rubbing against the wooden leg of the chair with an unnerving speed. She could feel her body sinking further and further into the chair. There was nowhere to go. Nowhere to go!