Sad: My Caretaker

So um... this is a true story.. My parents told me about it while we were having lunch.. I really, really hope you guys will read it. I owe a lot to this person that I'm going to write about.
_______________________________________________________

Ever since I was born, I had a caretaker who was in her late 70's that is really, really, really close with my parents. She went to my house every single day, looking after me while my parents went to work or did some chores around the house. But it was fun being with her because after playing with me, she'd fall asleep. 

My parents told me that before I was born and when my parents were still into sports, they'd always stop by her house, where she'd have food for them everyday, knowing that they're tired and hungry. She was happy to do it. She loved taking care of things, especially kids.

So my parents really trusted and depended on her. It was funny, because I considered her as my very own grandmother. 

Well, soon after she turned 80, she died. My parents didn't tell me how, but when she died, they put her in a casket with an open lid for the funeral. Many people came and went, tears and pain on their faces. 

When it was night time, my parents were fixing up things in the funeral house. The windows and doors were closed, but somehow, a single black butterfly came fluttering in. And my parents were pretty sure it wasn't a moth. It just came in and landed right on the casket. 

Then disappeared in the shadows. 

After that, my parents were spooked, but the feeling faded, though the memory still remains. 

So when I turned about 3 and a half, I was doing my own thing. You know, playing and talking to myself. But then, it seemed like I wasn't talking to myself. My mom was suspicious and asked me, "Who are you talking to?"

I looked up at her and straight-out said, "Grandma." 

My dad came in with the hairs on his arms standing up. "Where?"

I guess I was wondering why they couldn't see her, so I yelled, "Right here!" I pointed and repeatedly slapped my hand next to the washing machine. "Right here!" I reannounced. 

My parents glanced at each other because on thing was for sure: They didn't see anyone but me. 

So then, after a few months, that was forgotten, and I didn't even know what happened. My parents were pretty shocked about it though. And while my mom was listening to the story again, you can tell she was on the verge of tears. 

And for some reason while my dad was telling the story, I wanted to cry. It seems like I really loved my caretaker and that my soul still remembers her. 

Thank you so much for taking care of me. I'm sorry it took me a while to notice the many kind things you've done to my family, but I really hope you rest in peace. Thank you so much....