10.

Chapter 10.

The next morning I woke up to the aroma of what must have been fresh coffee and bacon.

As soon as my eyes cracked open, I shot up from the bed, clutching my head as I did so.

Why could I smell food when I lived alone?

"God," I groaned. I swear I wouldn't drink again. It was something I always said but as soon as I recovered I was ready to go again, but not this time. I swear not this time.

I rolled out of bed and slumped into the kitchen quickly. As soon as I entered I registered a body standing infront of me looking at the counter infront of it. Why was someone in my kitchen?

"What-" the body turned around and my voice died out when I saw Xavier standing there with just his jeans on low down his hips. Oh he was sexy.

He was definitely a sight to wake up to.

Was I still drunk?

"Oh, uh, morning," he replied as he almost looked sheepish. I looked to him confusingly.

"Why are you here?" He shrugged his arms in reply. "What are you doing?" I changed tactic.

"Making food," was his reply. I moved to the side to see him cooking on my stove. He turned around and grabbed a cup of coffee before passing it to me. "Here,"

I looked to him but his eyes were down cast to the floor. I took the steaming cup and held it between two hands. How thoughtful.

"Thanks," I breathed before taking a sip. When I lowered the cup I saw him flicker his eyes to mine, but they were gone as soon as mine flickered to his.

He turned around quickly and starting to turn the bacon sizzling in the pan.

"Seems as if you made yourself at home," I joked as I sat down on the wooden table in the middle of the kitchen.

"Seems so," he replied back distractedly. He went to the cupboards, pulled out a plate and laid the bacon in a roll and put it on to the plate. He then grabs the plate and slides it onto the table infront of me.

"You're not having one?" I asked as I picked up the roll, my belly rumbling too much to delay it.

"Nah, for you," he stated before sitting down opposite me. I took a bite, or two before slowing down, swallowing and looking to him.

"You know it's really awkward you watching me while I'm eating and you're not," I cocked my head to the side. He shrugged again.

"It's not for me," I made a face and nodded before getting back to eating my food.

The room was silent as he watched me eat and I just went along with it. He didn't move until I was near to my last bite.

He got up from the chair, pulled out a packet of tablets, popped two out and gave me them. He got a bottle of water from the fridge and gave me that too.

"Thanks," I liked how he was caring for me and my heart seized at the thought. He did one abrupt nod before returning back to his seat.

"I laid on your floor last night," he stated. I looked to him with suprise and nodded slowly.

"Okay, did you have any blankets?" I asked, feeling guilty.

"No, but it was a good night nonetheless," he shrugged again and I could see his lips turning up into a small smile.

"I'm glad you had fun," I smiled his way and his lips turned up into a full blown smile. "You should smile more often,"

"Don't say that," he looked down but couldn't seem to fight his smile.