Part Four

Beginning Part Four

I had such a great time today, but I still want to gohome. There has to be a way back. On a happier note, I’m going to a partytonight at Jason’s house. It should be fun. Right now, I'm in my last class,mixing chemicals with Carl. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Goodthing Carl was in this class. The teacher explained to us what we were going todo yesterday, so naturally I don’t know what to do. Carl thinks I wasn’t payingattention. When I look up at the clock, I realize that I don’t know when theschool day ends. I consider asking Carl, but I decide not to because I wouldnormally know when it ended. I guess Ill just wait.

“Hey,” Carl says, “Pour that thing into there.” Hepoints to an empty beaker.

“Mmk.” I say. I pour what I assume was a kind ofchemical into the beaker just as the bell rings.

“Put your beakers in the cupboard before you leave,”says the teacher.

I put the beaker in the cupboard where all the otherbeakers are. Hopefully it’s the right one.

“Come on,” says Carl.

Um… okay?

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“My moms giving us a ride to the party, remember?”

“Oh yeah.” I say as if I really did remember. Whostarts a party this early?

As it turns out, we don’t go straight to the party. Weare going to go to his house until dinner, and then going to the party. Do Iever spend time at home? Carl lives on the other side of town as me and therest of our friends, so by the time we get to his house, dinner is ready. Itseems a little early to me, but Carl says he eats dinner at four every day. I amsitting next to Carl, with his little sister on the other side of me and hisparents on the opposite side of the table.

“So,” says Carl’s mom trying to make conversation,“how was school?”

“Good,” I say, “My favorite part was art.”

“Yah me too,” says Carl, “What was Michele trying todraw anyway?”

“I don’t know.” I say, “I was trying to figure thatout too.”

“I guess well find out when she’s finished.”

“Mmm… probably not.” We all laugh.

There is silence for a moment then Carl says, “Too badthey couldn’t have come to the dance last week.”

I assume he was talking about everyone else at schoolso I said, “Yeah, it was fun.”

Dinner is pretty boring, being completely honest. Iguess I am just excited for tonight. On the way there, I was think about howmuch fun it will be. We will probably dance, and then just hang out. Already, Ithink this has been the most fun day of my life. School was the best becauseevery time my friends and I were together, we laughed so hard.

That’s what tonight will be like.

I can’t wait.

End Part Four